Siemens Project Controls Specialist in Sacramento, California
Project Controls Specialist
Job Family: Project Management
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 200503
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
In this position, you will contribute as part of the Operations Management team responsible for schedules and workloads for the manufacturing of Rail Vehicles. You will be responsible for driving the organization to meet the Master Schedule by developing, tracking, and maintaining complex master schedules for projects including plant operations, welding, painting, final assembly, engineering, procurement, and commissioning. You may also be involved in planning aspects related to engineering, supply chain management, manufacturing, capacity planning, process improvements, and lean manufacturing. You will be involved in high level strategic planning, forecasting and bid preparation. You will work with Management at various levels and prepare and present schedule and workload data on a monthly basis.
Is this job a fit for you?
• Manage development, tracking, and reporting of complex plant schedules and labor forecasts, based on the input from functional department managers.
• Be able to have micro and macro level understanding of issues related to plant performance and forecasts.
• Be involved in the development of plant wide master schedules.
•Drive the team to ensure schedule adherence and mitigation plans
• Assist with the development of reports for functional departments to monitor performance and identify variances with respect to baselines and budgets.
• Application of various project progress methods to ensure the project schedule is on track to meet deadlines or deliverables.
• Maintain and manage schedules to reflect accuracy in schedule when changes happen.
• Coordinate and regulate various meetings such as project progress reviews with various levels of management.
•Become a subject matter expert by overcoming roadblocks or delays through using various methods such as industry related knowledge, innovating short cuts or alternative ways, improvising plans to meet targets and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field.
• Required experience: 1+ years of experience in Financial Analyst, Engineering, Project Management, or Planner
• Excellent communication skills required.
Demonstrated strong Excel and Computer skills required.
• Required travel: 5%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field preferred (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar) with an interest in Project Management/Project Controls.
• Experience with scheduling software such as Primavera in a manufacturing or construction environment preferred but not required.
• Understanding of manufacturing/operations processes preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera software is preferred.
• Understanding of the Rail / Rolling Stock Industry is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .