Siemens Head of Logistics/Warehouse in Sacramento, California
Head of Logistics/Warehouse
Job Family: Manufacturing
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 200377
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
As the Head of Logistics/Warehouse, you will lead a team responsible for overseeing all aspects of Inbound Logistics, Customs and Compliance, and Warehousing. This role will directly manage all logistics activities for Rail Systems.
Is this job a fit for you?
• Responsible for orchestrating all activities related to ensuring the consistent flow of goods and information from suppliers to end customers. This includes optimizing service and cost through transportation management from, accurate and timely customs clearance, third-party distribution operations, outbound logistics, export procedures, and returns processing.
• Collaborate with key internal functions such as Supply Chain Management , Operation Finance and Executive Management to provide excellence in supply chain visibility, responsiveness, cost effectiveness and on-time-in-full delivery to all customers. Develop and leverage differentiated supply chain options to meet performance objectives and overcome constraints.
• Responsible for leading Logistics transformation and continuous improvement projects, warehouse transitions and inventory moves, new systems implementations or enhancements impacting the Logistics area, process and policy changes, developing new tools and techniques.
• Accountable for recruiting, coaching, training, developing and leading a highly capable and effective Logistics Team.
• Direct the Inbound Logistics Team which includes the annual vendor selection and negotiation of competitive contracts for ocean and air freight providers, selecting and managing the origin management
provider, provider/carrier set-up and systems connections, developing and monitoring compliance with transportation booking procedures/routing guide instructions, responsible for closely supervising goods in-transit through all modes and nodes and providing complete visibility to relevant stakeholders, expediting supply as needed to meet customer requirements or revenue objectives, managing direct-shipments to customers, auditing freight bills, monitoring supply chain KPI’s and provider/carrier scorecards, troubleshooting transportation and vendor compliance issues,
• Accountable for managing Customs and Compliance which includes overseeing customs broker selection and set-up, C-TPAT administration and compliance, adherence to customs and trade compliance requirements, accurate and timely customs entry and clearance, closely monitoring import activity and liaising with customs brokers, troubleshooting customs and compliance issues, harmonized tariff classification and duty engineering, creating export documentation and ensuring compliance will all regulations, filing claims for duty drawback, interaction with government agencies and external experts, preparing for and managing customs audits/focus assessments, conducting post-entry audits and processing amendments, ensuring all duty assists are accounted for and disclosed, managing import and export recordkeeping, the development, maintenance and training for all policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Accountable for the over sight of inbound and Outbound Logistics which includes selecting and negotiating contracts and warehousing and outbound freight providers (parcel, LTL, TL), developing standard operating procedures and service level agreements with providers, managing the relationship and monitoring the performance of providers, ensuring adherence to customer routing and compliance manuals, working with the providers to research claims and discrepancies, working with the 3PL warehouse provider on capacity planning and management, ensuring inventory accuracy and prompt resolution to issues.
• Acting as the expert, providing leadership with regard to all aspects of Logistics including strategy, network design, infrastructure, providers, carriers, technology, process, and policies. Offer expertise, guidance and support in areas such as warehousing, inbound and outbound logistics, customs and compliance.
• Responsible for building and cultivating cross-functional relationships with key functions
• Responsible for continuously assessing and anticipating internal and external risks such as capacity shortages, regulatory changes, and infrastructure, port, or carrier issues. Proactively develop plans to mitigate risk and ensure continuity of service.
Significantly contribute to further design, development and implementation of the supply chain / logistics strategy within the business Unit
Drive his/her area of responsibility towards measurable excellence with the relevant supply chain / logistics KPIs.
Act as the acknowledged authority in questions of strategy, project planning, productivity, KPIs for the supply chain / logistic processes including interfaces to other departments.
Give qualified estimations of Logistics costs along structured cost allocation (process, warehouse, transportation, capital etc.).
Develop logistics optimization concepts for supply chains under favorable conditions (cost, risks, resources, inventory turns, time) that improves supply chain and minimizes Non-Conformance Costs.
Align his/her Logistics strategy with the strategic objectives of Procurement and strives for a common supply chain goal.
Utilize and leverage our extensive supply chain / logistics network within the region and globally.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience, and Education
8-10 years of experience required
Bachelors Degree required/or equivalent
Experience and has detail knowledge of commercial terms, regulations and instruments associated with supply chain / logistics.
Must have a broad and deep understanding of possible supply chain related risks and possible measures to mitigate.
Knowledgeable of the influence of inventory on the Cost of Goods Sold and of the competing requirements (e.g. lead time, forecasting, transparency, cost, space) of inventory management.
Detail knowledge of the lean principles and methods (e.g. Pull principle, Kanban, JiT/JiS, continuous improvement, 5S, value stream mapping, poka yoke, Six sigma).
Knows and understands standard contracts and is able to negotiation with 3rd Party (in alignment with Legal).
Knowledgeable of the tasks of the ECC function, his/her ECC contact partner and when to involve ECC.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .