Siemens Engineering Management in Sacramento, California
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 200200
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
In the job of Manager of Bogie Engineering Localization, you will lead the design and engineering effort on the localization initiative on Rolling Stock bogies (trucks) engineering.
Is this job a fit for you?
• You will set up and lead a team of engineers creating the product deliverables as well as supporting procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty.
• You will liaise with the COC for the Bogie Scope of work and the relative quotes for where assistance is required.
• You will specify the requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity and so forth.
• You will be in charge of systems integration across both light and heave rail platforms, and the compilation of the BOM’s and Technical Specifications. You will also be the technical representatives in customer design reviews.
• You will be responsible for creating the WBS’s, assigning resources and ensuring that the scheduled release dates are met.
• You will prepare the bogie engineering estimates for proposals. After NTP, you will be responsible to manage the budgets.
• You will support the bogie business localizing parts and qualifying new vendors.
• You will travel up to 25% of your time.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS degree in engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
• A minimum of 5 to 8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Experience in design, procurement, manufacture and testing of components.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .