Siemens Financial Analyst--Commercial Bid Specialist -WI-TX in Rothschild, Wisconsin
Financial Analyst--Commercial Bid Specialist -WI-TX
Job Family: Finance
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 200718
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Commercial Bid Specialist
As a Commercial Bid Specialist you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the bid preparation and will be representing the business unit in all commercial topics during the acquisition phase.
• Co-drive activities/strategy implementation together with Sales, Proposals, and Project Execution Management.
• Support all commercial aspects of the bid preparation and ensure a high quality bid. Review costs with various organizations and validate their estimates.
*Experience with contracts in Middle East, China
• Support all activities related to the New Collaboration Model (NCM) including engagement with Regional Entities.
• Implement concepts and strategies for bid preparation (e.g. contract structure, FX, tax, importation, NCM, payment and cancellation schedule, joint and several liability in consortium contracts, state and country specific tax codes/structures, etc..).
• Follow, complete and document all required Commercial processes.
• Review and release contract commenting on bid / risk.
• Perform risk/opportunity assessment.
• Ensure correct and transparent sales calculation.
• Involve project execution colleagues for critical topics in the acquisition phase and ensure smooth handover of project to execution.
• Prepare and evaluate cash flow and termination models for proposed and future projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
o Bachelor’s degree
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
o 8 years of work experience, ideally in bid management, sales or project management with exposure to finance /commerce topics.
o Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
o Strong quality and organization orientation. Strong writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
o Well developed communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and senior management.
o Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
o Demonstrated experience and proficiency in the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
o Demonstrated experience in working with and supporting cross functional teams of professionals and managers.
o Flexibility and willingness for potential of 15% travel internationally.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
o Advanced certifications (CMA, CPA, Six Sigma, PMP)
o Contract Management and/or Legal background.
o Demonstrated ownership / entrepreneurial behavior.
o Demonstrated proactivity and drive.
o Demonstrated analytical skills and successful track record of challenging the status quo leading to improvements.
o Demonstrated successful collaboration / be a team player and improve the team.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .