Siemens Applications Engineer in Rothschild, Wisconsin
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 200459
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Applications engineer for Water Solutions, with focus on development of proposal, and associated sales strategies, for oily water treatment solutions. Focus is the upstream and downstream petroleum industry. Duties will include travel with sales personnel to investigate, discuss, submit and review technical solutions with potential customers. Also responsible for coordinating proposal preparation activities including spec review, technical bid approvals, project risk reviews, costing and other associated commercial requirements to submit both preliminary and firm proposals.
Preferably, not less than 5 to 8 years working experience with application of equipment/systems associated with water treatment in the Oil&Gas, Offshore and Onshore industry, which includes both oiland gas production, as well as petroleum refining and petrochemical manufacturing. This experience should include:
• Minimum four (4) year college degree. Civil, Environmental or Petroleum Engineering degree preferred.
• Thorough understanding of the customer design requirements for both the offshore and onshore Oil&Gas industry.
• Broad Experience in alternative methods of water and wastewater treatment for both the offshore and onshore Oil&Gas Industry.
• Demonstrable experience in the process design and estimation of water treatment projects in the upstream and downstream Oil&Gas Industry in the range $100,000 - $30 Million per project.
• Familiarity with how site and construction constraints can impact both process and mechanical design of equipment, as well as the treatment technologies selected, in both the offshore and onshore Oil&Gas Industry.
• Strong familiarity with typical construction specialization for both the offshore and onshore Oil&Gas Industry.
• Industry experience in the following sectors: Oil&Gas Onshore Production, Oil&Gas Offshore Production, Onshore Oil Refining, Onshore Petrochemical Manufacturing.
• Strong resource management skills. Ability to manage resources for multiple projects simultaneous, to insure budgetary and firm bid proposals are delivered on time and are of the highest quality.
• Innovative, able to think through and select from numerous treatment options, including the use of economic analysis techniques, in order to propose sound, cost-effective solutions
• Self-starter: able to work productively without continuous supervision (i.e. on an ‘act and advise’ basis)
• Fully engaged Team Player
• Diplomat: working with different cultures, Siemens Regional Companies, and overseas customers. Internationally adept.
• Commercially aware technologist. Individual must possess a passion to win contracts and grow the business globally.
• Excellent communication, presentation and written skills.
Applications Engineering Responsibilities:
• Prepare budget and firm proposals against customer RFQ documents, reviewing customer specifications, working with execution and procurement to explicitly define the scope of supply, deviations/clarifications, and estimated costs of execution. Use design tools/standards, alongside from sales to maximize opportunity success.
• Support sales team with technical clarifications, explanation of offering, and associated customer meetings.
• Occasional domestic and international travel will be required. Typically 25% or less.
• Act as major technical interface with customer including technical clarifications, explanation of offering, and customer meetings
• Develop detailed cost estimates, risk and opportunity register, technical risk categorization and other forms as required for bid submission.
• Prepare and obtain internal documentation to support specific contracting models selected for bid.
• Lead internal bid approval process, coordinating the input requirements from business administration, legal and sales as needed to process appropriate approvals
• Upon award, develop handover package for execution team.
• Work with process engineering team to establish and verify process design parameters for Water Solutions portfolio.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .