Siemens Building Operator I - Rochester, NY in Rochester, New York
Building Operator I - Rochester, NY
Locations:Rochester, New York
Job Family: Real Estate
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200027
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Work hours: 12 hours work days. [7 am – 7 pm or 7 pm – 7 am shifts]. (3 Days on / 4 days off rotation)
I. - Job Scope: To operate the Iola and MCC cogeneration plants in a safe, efficient, reliable and clean environment.
The plants include 350 HP Hurst high pressure steam (4) and hot water boilers (3) and related plant equipment, seven 950 HP (1350 Kw) Caterpillar 3516 B generator sets and related plant equipment. The facilities produce steam, hot water and electricity to the Monroe Community College campus, Monroe Community Hospital and the Monroe County Department of Social Services.
II. - Job Description:
· Have knowledge of the basic design of fire tube and package boilers. Steam pressure up to 125 psi.
· Understand combustion of natural gas and fuel oils including flue gas temp/analysis and basic pollutants.
· Understand combustion controls and how to calibrate and operate controls.
· Have knowledge of the properties of saturated steam
· Understand water and condensate systems, including but not limited to piping size, pumps, valves, flanges, hangers, insulation, deaeration, water treatment analysis.
· Have a good understanding of air systems, both combustion and compressed.
· Understand electronic and pneumatic controls for operation and repair.
· Have a good electrical knowledge addressing safety, high and low voltages, grounding.
· Basic gas engine knowledge for safe / efficient operation of a Caterpillar 3516B 1800 RPM genset. Engine mechanical skills will be an asset.
· Assorted heat exchangers (plate / frame & heat recovery units) used throughout the facility.
· Hot water absorption / centrifugal chiller operation experience helpful.
· Have excellent communication skills in dealing with our customers.
· Have good computer skills. (Siemens Apogee, MS Office, Siemens SE&A) used on site.
· Have knowledge of all procedures for the following:
· Low water
· High water
· Loss of feed water
· Gauge glass failure
· Loss of combustion controls, both air and fuel
· Boiler startup / shutdown
· Testing of safety valves
· Loss of a pressure vessel components
· Gas, oil or coolant leaks
· Cleaning both the fire side and water side of boilers
· All aspects of water treatment
III. - Experience, Skills, Ability and Availability:
- Two years experience in boiler room operations and / or co-generation facilities.
*Aminimumsecond class stationary steam license valid for City of Rochester required.
Flexibility in scheduling, as you may be required to cover shifts, as the plant’s needs change.
A valid New York State driver’s license, along with a clean driving record.
* N ote: The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being preformed by most people assigned to your job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .