Siemens Sr Project Manager Small Projects - Low Voltage Products in Raleigh, North Carolina
Sr Project Manager Small Projects - Low Voltage Products
Multiple Locations:Norcross, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Raleigh, North Carolina; Grand Prairie, Texas
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 214094
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Grand Prairie, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 90%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The LP PMO organization is looking for a candidate to join their team of experienced project managers. In this role the ideal candidate will serve as primary contact for external and internal stakeholders and effectively manage project scope, schedule, and financials per approved contract terms and customer deliverables. The desired candidate will manage all aspects of complex international affiliate project orders and proactively engage in-market clients and Siemens stakeholders.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Applies skills to resolve complex problems to ensure successful delivery of projects or programs.
• Develops and maintains project/program plan and schedule that contain Low Voltage products.
• Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross-functional problems.
• Develops risk mitigation plans to preempt potential problems through the application of concepts, techniques, knowledge and processes.
• Coordinates deliverables with internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed contract scope and customer expectations.
• Works closely with Siemens Sales team, LP business unit, and EM division to provide total customer solution of Siemens products and services per customer specifications.
• Responsible for all project or program financial reconciliations (CAIDs, credits, etc.)
• Complies with Siemens policies and procedures.
• Review bid strategy for schedule, scope and risk.
• Work with customer support team for transaction items.
• Project Manager is expected to move to various locations over next two years to be near project sites for important customer.
• Travel expected – 80% to 100%.
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrates and applies at a proficient level; project management concepts, techniques and skills.
• Demonstrates and applies at a proficient level: Application and concepts of Low Voltage Products.
• Demonstrate and applies system skills (Teamcenter, COMPAS, SAP, etc.).
• Demonstrate and applies strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Must be able to use Microsoft Projects; excel, Latista, Word, etc. Job Title Project Manager GRIP Level: PM7 / PM6 CAPRI Level: C / D Division Energy Management Business
Project Managers must possess the following capabilities:
Achievement & Results Orientation Able to identify complex problems, analyze options, and reach positive, effective, and practical solutions
Customer Service Orientation Works well with Internal and External customers utilizing strong Interpersonal and Communication skills
Industry Knowledge Understands our Channels of Distribution Direct and Indirect and is aware of risk of litigation, makes key managers aware of and works to mitigate exposure from affiliates, distribution, Joint Ventures, EPC, and General Contractors
Discernment Develop ability to cut through the clutter to see and address the real issues facing the Project Stakeholders
Perspective See clearly beyond their own vantage point across functional areas specifically manufacturing facilities in order to successfully coordinate related products
Communication Effectively and efficiently communicate knowledge across functional areas both with internal and external Project Stakeholders
Resourcefulness Exhibit creative ways to make things happen with less authority and fewer resources
Accountability & Responsibility for Results Understand the difference between fault and responsibility throughout the life of the project and accept ultimate accountability for project results.
Education & Experience
• Outstanding communication skills
• BS/BA, BS in engineering preferred, related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. PMI certification is a plus.
• Experience commensurate with position profile and ranges from 5 to 10+ years including direct industry experience.
• Experience in leading teams and setting expectations to deliver required results.
• Successfully managed multiple projects with volume over $2MM.
• Customer facing project manager for projects containing MS & LP products (AIS, Siebreak, LVS, SWBD, PB, Transformer, Busway, etc.).
• International travel is expected. Must have passport.
**Ability to travel 80% - 100% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .