Siemens Project Engineer - High Voltage in Raleigh, North Carolina
Project Engineer - High Voltage
Locations:Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Transmission Solutions
Requisition Number: 200156
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
With power chainmanagement from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Together with the Project Manager the Commercial Project Manager (CPM) is responsible for execution of the project. The Commercial Project Manager executes all commercial tasks within a project from project start (PM 080 handover from sales) until project end (PM670 Project Closure) and handover to Life Cycle Management (LM) with regards to the contractual obligations of Siemens according to the financial guidelines from Siemens and all relevant external laws and legislation.
• The Commercial Project Manager executes all commercial tasks within a project from project start (PM 080 handover from sales) until project end (PM670 Project Closure) and handover to Life Cycle Management (LM) with regards to the contractual obligations of Siemens according to the financial guidelines from Siemens and all relevant external laws and legislation. The Commercial Project Manager has authority to undertake actions regarded necessary to execute her tasks within the role description within her limits of authority (signature guideline).
• By performing his/her tasks the commercial project manager shall contribute to achieve the financial objectives of the project in the most cost-efficient manner. His/Her actions shall allow project management to give a true and fair view of the financial status of the project to all relevant parties such as the project team, general management, business administration and finance department, internal and external audit, etc.
• Analyze and evaluate all commercial issues from project start (handover from sales) until final execution of the project (handover to Lifecycle management) based on the contractual obligations of Siemens.
• Perform all related commercial tasks within SAP such as: order entry, project cost, invoicing according to the Siemens guidelines.
• Perform monthly reporting on all key figures of the project such as: Order entry, (PoC) sales, cost of sales, gross margin, cash position. Work together with PM and project team to develop and update forecast of key figures. Analyze and provide explanations of differences between actual results and forecasted figures.
• Preparation and participation during monthly project review meetings.
• Perform international commercial project management tasks such as hedging of project currency positions, preparing bank guarantees and letter of credits together with internal specialist departments.
• Assist in preparing claims towards customers and suppliers and other contract related issues (together with contract management).
• Preparing and assisting in negotiating change orders with customers.
• Assessment of project risk and opportunity assessment.
• Responsible for compliance with all Siemens internal financial and relevant process guidelines, public laws and regulations.
• Assessment of foreign tax, VAT exposure and other related issues together with internal specialist departments.
• Interface to project procurement, contract management, planning, engineering, controlling and accounting.
• Responsible for specific commercial issues (“expert function”) within the group of commercial project managers of PEP PM i.e. Sarbanes-Oxley, Currency and Hedging, SAP Power User, Internal invoicing etc.
• May assist with proposal activiites
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 7+ years of work experience in commercial project controlling and/or project controlling, especially with large, complex projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• Experience working with multi-cultural teams
• Experience with company reporting and controlling system
• Proficient with IT applications (SAP, MS Office, Business Warehouse)
• Experience with Risk Management
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Commercial Project Controlling experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .