Siemens Financial Analyst - Commercial Projects in Raleigh, North Carolina
Financial Analyst - Commercial Projects
Locations:Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Family: Finance
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 200420
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The successful candidate will be responsible for project and or proposal commercial oversight; including forecasting project financial results, ensuring timely and accurate customer billings, obtaining and maintaining appropriate security instruments and monthly closing of project financial results. The position interfaces regularly with management in US and Germany. Intense team work and interaction required among project controllers, project managers, admin., procurement, accounting and customers when needed.
• Develops project plan on very complex project, program, or project proposals.
• Implements strategic project/program.
• Develops project management activities (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for very complex projects/programs.
• Provides functional or business practice guidance on projects or programs.
• Develops continuous improvement plan.
• May develop client relationship and sales opportunities.
• BS/BA in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
• Typically minimum of 5 years of successful experience in related field
• Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Work independently, Capable at multitasking and meeting deadlines; great team player and open to learn.
• Knowledge of POC accounting, IFRS and Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines
• Working knowledge of SAP
• Project and or proposal controlling
• Support marketing in the development of large complex projects, requires constant communication.
• CPA, MBA, PMI certification are considered a plus.
Direction of Others:
• Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Will be responsible for one or more of the following:
• Preparation of the Commercial Aspects of Large Complicated Customer Project Proposals and projects including creating sale orders, setting up project, WBS structures, calc sheets, PG, L/C requirement, insurance, tax and payment terms..
• Project Controlling of Large Projects
• Project Controlling of Several Running Medium Sized *Projects, including all commercial responsibility
*Project controlling of various models of projects including *POC, complete contracts, T&M, after-sale warranty and maintenance as assigned.
- Lead support for reporting and auditing activities
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .