Siemens Sr. Software Architect in Princeton, New Jersey
Sr. Software Architect
Locations:Princeton, New Jersey
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 200265
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthineers Technology Center, is one of the world’s premier research labs for computer vision and medical imaging. We are currently seeking a highly motivated technologist for an exciting opportunity as a Staff Systems Architect. In this newly created role, you will be part of a team that will have the opportunity to research, design, and develop a high performance n-D image data analytics system. .
What are my responsibilities?
• Perform innovative translational research in the area of image data analytics computing architecture.
• Design and prototype a modern systems architecture from prototype, working closely with image visualization and analytics R&D team to optimize efficiency and throughput.
• Design, implement and test software systems. System consists of components for high data throughput within a network, secure data management, visualization and computing, and distribution of imaging applications on web, mobile, native application end points.
• Prototyping, benchmarking and defined specifications of software components
• Analyze and communicate technical recommendations
• Liaise with internal customers and external collaborators
What skills are needed to qualify for this job?
• BS Computer Engineering or equivalent relevant discipline required. Masters preferred.
• 7+ years of system design, implementation and deployment experience in large data IT infrastructures
• Proven track record in big data management and analytics system design with solid experience in Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, NoSQL, MongoDB, SQL or other databases
• Solid understanding in network infrastructure, network protocols and IT security mitigations
• Advanced level implementation in J2EE, JSP, C++/C#
• Proficient in one or more software development tools such as Team Foundation Server/Clearcase/git, MS Visual Studio/Eclipse is a must.
• Technically proficient in common cloud service-oriented platforms, e.g AWS, Azure highly desirable
• Understand s highly complex concurrent data flow systems as well as low level CPU or GPU computing optimizations a plus
• Ability to quickly prototype components, benchmark and test design solutions
• Ability to articulate design through standard engineering diagrams e.g. UML as well as high level presentations
• Technical as well as business understanding in software architecture trade-offs.
• Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills in English a must.
• Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities.
• Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic team.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.usa.siemens.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .