Siemens Software Architect - Machine Learning in Princeton, New Jersey
Software Architect - Machine Learning
Locations:Princeton, New Jersey
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Corporate Technology
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 200090
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Are you passionate about high-quality software, software architecture and artificial intelligence? Do you want to work on innovative products? This position might be for you.
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Corporate Technology’s research group Architecture and Verification of Intelligent Systems is currently seeking an Intelligent Systems Software Architect for our Princeton, NJ location.
Complex software-intensive systems are at the core of Siemens’ business. Siemens trains, power plants, factory automation, building automation, power grid control, medical devices, and others depend on the correct operation of software. Therefore, sustainable software architectures are essential for the success of our businesses. The software architects in our team help Siemens business units world-wide to improve their software architectures, making our products even more reliable, performant, scalable and maintainable. We also help business units translate new business ideas into innovative software solutions and successful products. Our research results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences. The Intelligent Systems Software Architect will work at the intersection of software engineering and artificial intelligence and will help Siemens development teams to leverage AI building blocks to develop new products or enhance existing ones.
What are my responsibilities?
• Design and implement intelligent systems for Siemens business units.
• Extract architecturally-significant requirements for intelligent systems, and ensure feasibility of these requirements.
•Evaluate solution alternatives that involve machine learning, constraint solving, and other technologies
• Define, articulate and apply architectural principles and patterns when building intelligent systems. Review architectures and work with business units to improve their software architecture.
• Provide technical leadership to the team, collaborators and customers.
• To be aware of state-of-the-art software architecture methods, tools and trends and technologies to build intelligent systems and identify high-impact research topics in intelligent systems architecture.
• Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities.Write papers for presentation in journals and conferences.
• Supervise the work of graduate student interns.
• Acquire and lead Siemens-internal research and development projects.
What skills are needed to qualify for this position?
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development and software engineering is required. (Recent PhD graduates with appropriate graduate research/internship experience will be considered)
• Masters in Computer Science or related field is required. Ph.D. preferred.
• Strong theoretic background and practical experience in systematic software engineering.
• Experienced in using neural networks especially deep / machine learning, genetic algorithms, deduction engines, constraint solvers and similar technologies to solve real application problems.
• Experienced in evaluating and improving the performance and scalability of intelligent systems.
• Ability to generalize key principles and successful methods from one project and apply them to other projects across the company.
• Ability to quickly learn key concepts of unfamiliar domains and to work on a problem from the analysis phase to the implementation of a practical solution.
• Familiarity with major programming languages (C/C++, C#, Python, Java) and software development for major platforms (Windows, Linux)
• Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences required.
• Strong skills in problem solving, communication, and team work.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude and the ability to work independently and prioritize work with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.usa.siemens.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .