Siemens Senior Scientist - Mechatronics (Robotics) in Princeton, New Jersey
Senior Scientist - Mechatronics (Robotics)
Locations:Princeton, New Jersey
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 200469
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthcare Technology Center is searching for a highly technical and creative mechatronics research scientist to join the Robotic Imaging and Therapy team. We are looking for a specialist in mechatronics, someone willing to get his/her hands dirty with hardware electronics and mechanical components. Med-tech experience is not required, but a passion for innovating healthcare is.
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum-from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
• Responsible for mechanical and electrical subsystem design, CAD drawings, assembly, and test protocols
• Create prototypes and perform feasibility studies to push innovation
• Work with our image-guided intervention and visualization teams to prototype and integrate a complete system
• Work with customers and clinicians to understand requirements and develop innovative solutions
• Protect intellectual property through patent filing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MS or PhD in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science or other related fields with 5+ years (PhD with 3+ years) of proven record of robotics engineering
• Knowledge and experience in mechatronics and motion control systems
• Experience with Matlab, C++, python, ROS, real-time OS
• Experience prototyping, data analysis, and technical writing, including publications to scientific journals
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Image processing, computer vision, and/or automation a plus
• Knowledge in sensor technologies is a plus
• Entrepreneurial approach who is willing to accept challenges and responsibilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude, with strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, global environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .