Siemens Cyber Security Software Developer in Princeton, New Jersey
Cyber Security Software Developer
Locations:Princeton, New Jersey
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Corporate Technology
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 200579
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services. Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth. For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Siemens Corporate Technology (CT) is seeking a software developer with deep knowledge of cyber-security principles in the software development lifecycle as an addition to our growing IT Security Research Group. IT/Cyber Security is very important for all Siemens businesses. Experts in the IT-Security Technology Field support Siemens in developing secure products and solutions. We develop security measures, analyze existing systems, and optimize security implementations. The team has employees in the US, Germany, and China.
One of our focus areas is to support product owners and developers address cyber security throughout the product lifecycle. This includes coaching developers, reviewing requirements, design and code as well as developing security features. Our consultants are experts in analyzing systems, developing security architectures and processes, identifying countermeasures for known security issues, optimizing the security posture of products and solutions, and staying ahead of the latest cyber threats. The US Team is one of 8 groups that comprise CT’s IT Security/Cyber Security Technology Field on a global scale. This position will address software across domains—from embedded systems, thick clients, and cloud-deployed solutions.
What are my responsibilities?
• Design and implement software systems from requirement specifications
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Assess third party and open source software
• Integrate third party and open source software
• Validate and verify the new system designs
What skills do I need to qualify for this position?
• HS Diploma and 5+ years of relevant experience is required. Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science is a plus.
• 5+ years experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting.
• 2+ years experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems a plus
• Knowledge in cyber/network security (e.g. basic cryptography, authentication& authorization, intrusion detection, access control)
• Familiarity with networking equipment like firewalls
• Expert programming experience in C and C+• Solid programming experience with Python or other scripting language
• Strong communication skills
• Good team player
• Project management skills and certifications a plus
• Willingness to travel, up to 20% (domestic/international)
• Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .