Siemens Field Service Technician in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Field Service Technician
Locations:Ponca City, Oklahoma
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 212440
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Ponca City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Over the past decade, Siemens has established itself as a leader in America’s wind energy industry with over 5,000 “Made for America” wind turbines installed across the U.S. Siemens is committed to growing wind power through products that are proven, reliable, and durable – striving to drive down costs and increase wind as a share of the nation’s energy mix. A national network of service technicians keep turbines operating at maximum capacity.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
The position is in Siemens Wind Power Service division. The Field Service Technician will play a key role in ensuring quality, safety and customer service on site for the Siemens Wind Service organization. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to continually monitor and improve personal human performance, contribute to excellent service to our customers; they must possess a strong understanding of human behavior, ability to analyze and react to people in stressful situations, and participate in the development of new/improved field procedures and best practices.
• Demonstrates strong Initiative and motivation to learn new technology and translate learning into personal success
• Motivation and ability to work flexible work schedule
• Basic training within the iron and metal industry and/or electrical field
• Hands-on experience with electro-technical and hydraulic machinery
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to organize and plan daily/weekly work with a high level of quality orientation
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems independently with a high level of results orientation.
• Ability to learn basic electrical and/or mechanical skills
• Willing and able to learn new skills
• Able to work suspended from heights and work in confined spaces.
• Flexibility to travel from site to site, Travel is expected to be 25% (National and International)
• Able to work within a project team
• Basic computer skills, data entry, outlook, etc
• Ability to think clearly and maintain composure during stressful situations
• Demonstrated quality orientation.
• Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
• Meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less (safety regulation on the equipment to use)
• A medical practitioner will assess successful candidates to ensure they meet weight requirements as well as other physical attributes to perform physical demands of position at all times during their employment.
• Candidates must pass a pre hire drug screening; the candidate must be able to qualify for an American Express corporate card and have a valid driver’s license.
Preference given to those candidates with
• Certification from Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
• Minimum 6 months hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .