Siemens Software Engineer, Staff in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Software Engineer, Staff
Locations:Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 201035
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer for developing software for our portable ultrasound system in Plymouth Meeting, PA. As a core member of the engineering team, you will play a lead key role in development software for an advanced medical imaging device. You must be proficient in developing software in C/C++ in an RTOS environment. You will work with a cross functional team of engineers to develop, implement, integrate and deliver quality product-level software.
• Lead, develop, implement, integrate, debug, and verify software for portable ultrasound system for Siemens.
• Participate and contribute to product development processes.
• Perform software and firmware configuration management
• Develop or support control software, device drivers, RTOS, USB and WIFI control
• Create release documentation, such as development plans and reports
• Participate in the software specification and review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software implementations
• Interact with internal and external customers to develop cohesive user experiences and efficient workflows.
Skill & Experience Requirements:
• 8+ years in Software Development experience with Bachelors and or masters’ in EE, CS, or relevant field performing embedded system software development, implementation, integration, and verification. 4+ years of experience in ultrasound imaging or similar medical device system development.
• Excellent knowledge of embedded system development, HW interfaces and control.
• Excellent knowledge of and experience with multitasking and multithreaded programming environments.
• Experience in developing software for complex equipment or instruments in a C/C++ environment including software development tools.
• Very good understanding of the software life cycle and software development methodologies
• Latest Microsoft development tools like Visual Studio and TFS.
• Experience in embedded system development.
• Experience in driver development is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .