Siemens Marketing Manager in Plano, Texas
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 200201
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The role of this position is to assist the Global PL PR team in achieving its objective of maximizing positive media exposure worldwide for Siemens, its PLM business and its PLM solutions. Media exposure includes coverage through trade, business and IT press and is achieved through both traditional and social media channels. The person in this role should possess excellent English language written and oral communications skills. This position will report to the head of Global PR for Siemens PLM Software.
• Development and editing of press releases and other written communication to the press
• Cross coordination across multiple PL teams to achieve a common communications objective
• Cross coordination with non-PL Siemens teams including Regional Country communicators and spokespersons, as well as representatives from the Digital Factory division and Siemens AG.
• Coordinating with event planners to maximize effectiveness of media events
• Facilitating interviews between media and Siemens spokespersons
• Possible involvement in, and monitoring of, various social media outlets including (but not limited to) Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Periodic direct interaction with trade press media
Minimum Requirements :
• Excellent English language writing skill
• Ability to work with technical subject matter experts to extract the business value of a product or service and communicate it to both a technical and non-technical audience
• Ability to build consensus among a diverse set of teams with various interests
• Strong working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word
• Ability to handle multiple demands on your time through prioritization based on personal objectives and business need
• Ability to effectively navigate and leverage a large and complex organizational structure to maximize efficiency
• Ability to work with C-suite executives in a communications capacity
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Capable of working without local supervision to produce results and meet objectives
Position is open to any Office Location
• Strong working knowledge and facility with a variety of social media tools
• 5 years or more of experience in Public Relations, Media Relations or Marketing Communications
• Experience working with and understanding of the PLM software and/or Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) software industries is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .