Siemens Resident Engineer-Combustion Turbine Power Plant at Panda Hummel in Shamokin Dam, PA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Resident Engineer-Combustion Turbine Power Plant at Panda Hummel in Shamokin Dam, PA
Multiple Locations:Malvern, Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 210407
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Resident Engineer-Combustion Turbine Power Plant at Panda Hummel
Please note that this position is located at Panda Hummel Station in Shamokin Dam, PA
The Siemens Energy Service organization provides comprehensive service programs to its customers with large frame combustion turbine power plants. These service programs provide extensive support for the customer throughout the duration of program with a focus on planning for scheduled outages and addressing unscheduled outages as they arise. For this new service program Siemens Energy is seeking a qualified Resident Engineer to be based at the power plant for a period of 3 years from the First Fire of the unit. The Resident Engineer will be the first line of interaction with and support to the customer.
• Provide prime customer interface for day to day plant maintenance and operations activities.
• Foster Siemens relationship with the customer.
• Support the Project Manager, as needed to execute the Long Term Program (LTP) maintenance contract.
• Focus on improving value to the customer, being cognizant of available upgrades and coordinating with the District Service & Sales office for offers to increase the scope of plant services.
• Administer the Total Maintenance Service (TMS) process by preparing, facilitating and documenting TMS meetings between the customer and Siemens personnel to plan all maintenance outages, implement product modifications and upgrades to the plant.
• Coordinate with the customer and Siemens repair facilities when customer components are sent off-site for refurbishment and/or repair.
• Lead site communication between Siemens and the customer during outages.
• Keep customers advised of modifications affecting operation and maintenance of units.
• Identify and assist in the resolution of warranty and commercial issues.
• Ensure technical correspondence, operating history and configuration records are maintained.
• Analyze, interpret and help resolve problems associated with forced outages.
• Assist the customer with troubleshooting activities related to all Siemens supplied equipment onsite.
• Assist the customer with issues associated with startup & operational activities
• Be available to the customer during odd hours (available for OT as needed).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience & Education:
• A high degree of customer relationship management and financial project management skills are required.
• This function requires a dedicated, self-starting, creative individual with a working knowledge of combustion turbine plants, project engineering skills and good commercial sense.
• The selected candidate will be required to either attain there PM@Siemens certification within 1 year, or become Project Management Institute, PMP certified (Project Management Professional).
• Ability to do walking, reaching, climbing, and stooping and lifting (up to 75 pounds).
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Experience & Education:
• Field Service experience managing an outage.
• Experience with Combustion Turbines, Steam Turbines and Generators
• Balance of Plant (auxiliaries) knowledge
• Ability to travel 20%
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering or advanced degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .