Siemens R&D Engineer - Electrical Engineering in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
R&D Engineer - Electrical Engineering
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 201551
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Electrical Engineer for medium-voltage drives reporting to the Manager of System Engineering. Responsible to coordinate and lead moderately complex design projects in order to meet product requirements, cost targets and product features, while ensuring a high quality design is release on-time to support project milestone and project budget.
• Lead design activities to support cost targets, feature development, design validation, type testing for 3rd party compliance and system packaging.
• Develop large AC drive, Power Supply and other Power Electronics technologies; introduce new features and design-to-cost measures to enhance existing product line(s).
• Design, analyze and implement power electronics circuits, magnetic components and control strategies for large AC drives and power supplies.
• Analyze effects of complete system operation including AC drive, input power system, output motor and load.
• Provide technical expertise for failure mode and root cause analysis.
• Interface, communicate, transact and/or lead such projects with other business functions including both internal and external customers.
• Strong documentation and writing skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum BS degree with 2-5 years of related experience in Product Engineering and/or Power Electronics
• Experience in design, analysis, development and testing of IGBT based converters required.
• Product engineer experience in R&D environment preferred.
• Experience with Siemens software tools (TeamCenter, SAP) preferred.
• Required travel 5-10%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
• Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
• Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .