Siemens Engineering Assistant I in Phoenix, Arizona
Engineering Assistant I
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 202013
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American
market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and
environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a
technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building
Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and
security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air
conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995,
Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide,
including important American landmarks such as World Trade
Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt
Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
• Modifies AutoCAD drawings, sequences of operation, bills of materials and database to help generate quality engineering submittals.
• Creates and modifies graphics under the guidance of Design Engineers.
• Prepares AutoCAD drawings and modifies sequence of operations as directed by Project/Design engineers.
• Makes modifications to AutoCAD drawings as directed by Project/Design engineers.
• Extracts graphics from existing library database as shown by the Project/Design Engineers.
• Modifies and changes graphical layouts as described and laid out by engineers.
• Assembles engineered submittal booklets for contractors/customers including AutoCAD drawings, sequence of operations, bill of materials list, riser diagrams, etc.
• Provides copying support for the completion of booklets.
• Prepares project training manuals and owners manuals for on-site training to contractors and customers.
• Monitors department office supplies and re-orders items as required.
• Delivers and/or picks-up office supplies when required.
• Coordinates and attends department engineering meetings.
• Records meeting minutes.
• Maintains a submittal filing system, the AutoCAD filing system, and the engineering reference library.
• Contacts vendors to obtain updated information.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A.S. or Tech degree in Drafting/CAD.
• Up to 2 Years of Drafting/CAD experience required.
• Up to 3 Years of HVAC experience required
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .