Siemens Senior Sales Support Specialist - Building Technologies - Pelham AL in Pelham, Alabama
Senior Sales Support Specialist - Building Technologies - Pelham AL
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200688
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The senior sales support specialist provides high quality sales and technical support, sales aids, and marketing deliverables to division component customers. Reporting to the Branch Manager in Pelham, Alabama, this role will provide engineering support to the building automation sales teams selling to general and mechanical contractors, as well as end-users, throughout the Alabama market.
• Provide Direct Digital Control technical support, sales aids, engineering functions (valve schedules, Variable Frequency Drive specification take-offs, Direct Digital Control take-offs, etc.) and marketing deliverables (tools, data, promotion, etc.).
• Perform pre- and post-sales activities with the customers and sales executives including selling versus competition, new product introductions, overcoming objections, VFD specifications and start-ups, lead qualification, and other related activities.
• Assist sales executives with bid documentation (plans and specifications) and qualifications by completing and reviewing necessary bid forms.
• Support sales executives by conducting field visits that may include joint sales calls to customers and specifying engineers, technical training sessions, product presentation, and other related support functions.
• Assist sales executives with customer quoting process including job take-offs, competitive pricing and product selection.
• Coordinate with other division departments to resolve issues with customers and retain high satisfaction levels.
• Complete special projects as assigned by management.
• Manage special processes including quoting, ordering, order status maintenance, and billing.
• Provide mentoring and development to lower level Sales Support Specialists.
• Assist Project Manager with by defining product delivery on new applications and competitive offerings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
• Required experience: Experience in a similar technical role supporting sales teams that provide customers with a similar level of technical products and services.
• Required travel: 20%
• Other Requirements:
• Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
• Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Preferred experience: Direct Digital Control field sales with end users and/or contractors of applied product(s), customer support and/or marketing experience in the Direct Digital Control industry; knowledge of HVAC industry products, applications, distribution channels, company processes, and Direct Digital Control competitors.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .