Siemens Transportaton Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 200122
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Power and Gas Division is the trusted partner for world class products and solutions for the oil and gas, power and industrial markets. The Division is dedicated to deliver its customers reliable, efficient, clean and safe products and solutions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
The Siemens Power & Gas - Energy Solutions business is a global leader in the design, build and integration of power plants to meet expanding energy needs in domestic and emerging markets. Transportation & Logistics (TLO) group within PG ES is an integral part of the organization for successful integrations of large and industrial scale power plant worldwide. PG ES LOG TLO AP, based in Orlando, FL is responsible for project cargo management supporting multiple business units under Power and Gas division.
Transportation Engineer (TEN) within PG ES LOG TLO AP is responsible for providing engineering foundations for rigging and transport of heavy lift component with the objective of safety of man & equipment involved and environmentally acceptable operations.
• Use engineering principles and standards to solve transportation related issues with emphasis on heavy dimensional product, lifting arrangements, stability, design of shipping fixtures, and knowledge of the transportation industry.
• Obtain, review, and release Method Statements and, where appropriate, Risk Assessments to ensure safe, damage-free transport of goods.
• Plan, elaborate, and implement project specific heavy lift transport and rigging.
• Ensure service provider’s engineering plan satisfies requirements imposed by government authorities due to infrastructure limitations.
• Interface with various counterparts from carrier, factory, & site to ensure safe & on-schedule heavy lift cargo operations.
• Interface with the Project Logistics Specialist (PLS) within TLO AP to develop and implement a supplier process management for the surveyors, riggers/heavy-haulers, and rail.
• Monitor load transfers for critical items and heavy lifts to ensure that the quality standards imposed on special service providers are fully complied with.
• Assessment of risk analysis to avoid or minimize potential financial damage or loss due to carrier’s engineering plan.
• Support carrier selection during RFQ phase by evaluating technical proposals submitted by service providers.
• Identify and address potential risks posed in carrier’s method statement and ensure appropriate measures are implemented to avoid or minimize such risks.
• Perform product line design reviews for shipping arrangements
• Evaluate route surveys for heavy haul transport concept and feasibility.
• Provide support in evaluating carrier performance and conducting reviews.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 8-10 years of experience in the field of heavy lift cargo transportation.
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering
• In-depth knowledge of high wide heavy cargo
• In-depth knowledge of industry regulations for rail, road, air, and water.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with application of engineering principles.
• Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in multi-cultural environments.
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Power Points, & Project
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as in group.
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
• Innovative, creative, and willingness to share and explore new ideas.
• Flexibility and willingness to make domestic and international travels.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge in AutoCad.
• PE in Mechanical Engineering
• SAP experience
• Knowledge in international trades and Incoterm.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .