Siemens Technical Support Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Technical Support Engineer
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 200345
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Technical Support Engineer
Looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Order Management team. The RLA 50hz Service Programs Order Management Team supports Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Generator and Balance of Plant parts supporting LTP and O&M customers as well as Open Market customers. We are supporting mostly Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.
Core daily task include:
• Internal and external customer interface
• Collaborating with back office functions including, but not limited to supply management, materials management, engineering, marketing, and FAST warehouse
• Support Latin America Service Program customers in the planning, execution, coordination and control of contractual requirements for economical delivery of parts
• Assist Sales and Marketing with order solicitation and parts research
• Receive, create, process and follow-up on Customer Quotation requests. This includes parts identification and providing parts lists to our customers
• Interpreting engineering drawings and other technical documentations and creating filtered parts lists
• Identify process improvement opportunities and work to enhance current ways of working based on observation and user feedback
• Train and mentor junior members of the team
Management of Customer Parts Orders as follows:
• Order execution under financial and contractual considerations, monitoring, status updates, expediting and issue resolution
• Manage Customer Invoice scheduling, and Credit & Collections suspense resolution support
• Post Order Issue resolution associated with parts discrepancies, return orders, etc.
• Manage part repair orders and receive shop quotes for further repair authorization
• Manage international logistics and create all required document to successfully export from the U.S. and import into the destination country.
Manage networking channels (Program Management, Engineering, Marketing, Supply Management, Factories, Sales, Export Control Compliance, Contracts, Freight Forwarders, etc.) to meet customer requirements.
Manage financial risks and impacts associated with semi-complex quote and order activities by customer and/or country when determining international logistics requirements (delivery incoterms, import/export compliance, duty minimizing programs, banking documents, etc.)
Required Skills/ Experience:
Technical Degree in Mechanical or Material Engineering or related field or combination of education and related experience
Fully bilingual in English/Spanish (technical Spanish required)
2 - 5 years of experience
Knowledge of business, financial, and operational processes
Experience with Quality Improvement and Change management methodologies
Ability to interpret engineering drawings and other technical product documents
Experience with Microsoft Excel
General understanding of parts/materials
Knowledgeable about contract language
Well-developed communication skills (written & verbal) and ability to clearly and consistently express information to both a technical and non-technical audience
Ability to meet critical time-sensitive objectives with emphasis on planning and organizational skills
Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in teams
Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities
Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
Ownership mentality to ensure customer and team success
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Prior experience in the Parts business, Field Technician experience, or direct product knowledge
Prior SAP Sales & Distribution Module experience
Prior International experience
Prior International experience
Prior experience with technical resources and ability to create filtered parts lists
Understanding business processes and change management
Knowledge of Supply Chain processes
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .