Siemens Strategic Business Management in Orlando, Florida
Strategic Business Management
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 201033
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Strategic Business Management
M&A / JV Manager
Lead for M&A projects and Joint Ventures in the Power Generation Services Division. Responsible for identifying M&A portfolio and driving prioritized M&A projects to completion. Provide governance and strategic support related to management and value maximization of existing joint ventures. Specific responsibilities include:
Consideration of New M&A, Joint Ventures & Alliances
• Identify strategic topics for M&A, JV and Alliance opportunities, supporting the overall services strategy.
• Coordinate w/ PG (equipment sales) and other Divisions on common areas of interest, including Siemens’ venture capital group and innovation teams.
• Provide broad, strategic input into potential mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures to ensure maximum returns on invested capital and consistency with the overall business strategy for the Division
• Support development of business case, negotiations, and preparation of governing documents (e.g., p-proposal, i-application, etc.) for new joint ventures or partnerships
• Lead due diligence efforts and preparation of reports
• Work with legal to translate business objectives into term sheets and contract document
• Maintain overall M&A radar and lead efforts related to M&A “deal book”
Management of Existing Joint Ventures
• Develop and maintain strategic vision for Siemens joint ventures, including plans to support eventual acquisition or divestment
• Liaise with Strategy head of Joint Venture to support alignment of Joint Venture plans and Siemens Strategy
• Oversee governance of joint ventures, including adherence to Siemens processes where applicable and resolution of Shareholder relevant topics
• Generate ideas and develop plans to increase financial performance of Power Generation Service Joint Ventures
• Review board material and identify opportunities and areas of concern to address during board meetings
• Support management in executing select topics of strategic importance (as required)
• Develop long term relationship with PS BUs and regional strategy and business development teams, as well as corporate teams
• Translate broad business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals for self and supporting resources, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action
• Motivating others – create a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
*BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
*10+ years of relevant experience
o Strategy development
o Project structuring and management
o Financial analysis and modeling
o Synergy development and capture
o Team leadership
o M&A negotiation / execution
o Legal and contract understanding
o Executive communication
o Personnel coaching/development
o Stakeholder management
*Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .