Siemens Sales Support Specialist in Orlando, Florida
Sales Support Specialist
Job Family: Sales
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 200973
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Service Programs Order Management supports gas turbine parts requirements under Long Term Program contracts, as well as Steam Turbine, Generator and Balance of Plant Parts outside of contract scope.
Core daily task include:
• Customer interface
• Work with Program Management and Service Platform Teams
• Work with supply chain/back office functions to include supply management, materials management, engineering, marketing, and the fast warehouse
• Provide support to Service Program customers in Latin America for the planning, execution, coordination and control of contractual requirements and economical delivery of parts.
•Assist Sales, Marketing and Field Service in order solicitation and parts research
• Receive, process, create and follow-up on Quotations for customer requests. This includes identification of parts and providing parts lists to customers
Implement CustomerParts Orders as follows:
• Order entry under financial and contractual considerations
• Order execution by working with various back-office support groups including Supply Management, Materials Management, Parts Configuration Management and the FAST Warehouse
• Order monitoring, status updates, and expediting
• Shipping coordination and preparation of international transportation & import documentation
• Customer Invoice scheduling, and support Credit & Collections with suspense resolution
• Handle post order issues associated with parts discrepancies, return orders, etc.
Process repair orders and receive shop quotes for further repair authorization.
Manage networking channels (Program Management, Engineering, Marketing, Supply Management, Warehouse, Factories, Sales, Export Control Compliance, Contracts, Freight Forwarders, etc.) to meet customer requirements.
Manage financial risks and impacts associated with semi-complex quote and order activities by customer and/or country when determining international logistics requirements (delivery incoterms, import/export compliance, duty minimizing programs, banking documents, etc.)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or combination of education and related experience
5-8 years of customer experience
Knowledge of business, financial, and operational processes
Ability to interpret engineering drawings and other technical product documents
Experience with Microsoft Excel
General understanding of parts/materials
Effective communications and organizational skills
Takes ownership to ensure the teams' success
Knowledgeable about contract language
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Prior experience in the Parts business, Field Technician experience, or direct product knowledge
Experience with the SAP Sales & Distribution Module
Knowledge of technical resources and ability to create filtered parts lists
Understanding of order to cash concepts
Knowledge of Import & Export compliance processes
International Logistics & Transportation experience
Knowledge of Supply Chain processes
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .