Siemens Repair Operations Director in Orlando, Florida
Repair Operations Director
Multiple Locations:Orlando, Florida; Houston, Texas
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 211633
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Repair Operations Director
Orlando, FL or Houston, TX
Repair Operations Director will be responsible for leading the repair strategy and operations for a fleet which is comprised of both heavy frame gas turbines as well as aero derivative turbines.
• Implements or administers repair & refurbishment policies, guidelines, programs and standards, in organization unit(s) assigned.
• Manages product line repair operations in conjunction with PG and DO business units.
• Provide leadership for a global team with multiple interface points and that supports all global service regions.
• Contributes to unit's budget planning and completes related reporting.
• Analyzes workflow environment and deploys improvements.
• Prepares and contributes to contractual matters, with external parties (i.e. vendors, clients).
• Ensures effective cooperation with both, internal and external stakeholders; clarifies issues.
• Keeps abreast of industry and legal trends.
• Responsible to define and establish a fleet repair strategy and supply chain.
• Lead and leverage full capabilities of existing repair network by supervising processes and qualification of product specific methodologies and develop a flexible external repair network to the extent required.
• Will work with repair global repair shops and external vendors to develop a sourcing plan for the LGT and AGT product lines.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline, industrial/manufacturing preferred
• 15+ years of experience
• Solid track record in leading and developing gas turbine related repair operations.
• Demonstrable experience in building a high performing and motivated team.
• Intimate knowledge of repair shop methods and procedures on a broad portfolio of technologies.
• Proficiency with repair facility capability assessments and shop qualification processes.
• Familiar with both licensed and non-licensed Maintenance Repair Overhaul & Conversion facilities.
• Experience with heavy frame and aero-derivative hardware and repair procedures.
• Experience developing and implementing cost reduction and process optimization.
• Able to effectively function in a multicultural and diverse working environment
• Candidates must have an entrepreneurial mindset and be eager to build an organization from scratch.
*Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .