Siemens Quality and EHS Manager in Orlando, Florida
Quality and EHS Manager
Job Family: Quality Management
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 201443
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Wind Power & Renewables (WP)
Over the past decade, Siemens has established itself as a leader in America’s wind energy industry with over 5,000 “Made for America” wind turbines installed across the U.S. Siemens is committed to growing wind power through products that are proven, reliable, and durable – striving to drive down costs and increase wind as a share of the nation’s energy mix. A national network of service technicians keep turbines operating at maximum capacity.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
Quality and EHS Manager
In Power Service Wind Power Region Americas (North and South America) we are looking for a Q and EHS Manager. This leadership position is accountable for functioning at high levels of effectiveness at both the 'hands-on' and the tactical levels of our business. The Q&EHS Manager must have demonstrated experience at being accountable for delivering results towards a vision of zero harm and zero defects by ensuring alignment with and supporting Siemens Wind Power’s Quality and EHS vision and values.
This position will develop the overall Quality and EHS strategy for Region America aligned with Service Wind’s Q&EHS strategies to reduce incidents and non-conformances.
The ideal candidate would have experience in both quality and EHS; however the position is more focused on EHS so a strong EHS background is a must.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership for Q&EHS processes that achieves a Zero Harm and Zero Defect Culture.
• Coach and mentor managers in Q & EHS leadership skills
• Identify Q & EHS critical process and system needs and implement appropriate action plans.
• Establish agreement and alignment with Operations goals and objectives.
• Promote a team environment, initiate and lead personnel and Q&EHS activities.
• Monitor the sites for adherence to EHS guidelines/regulations and identify/resolve regulatory risks.
• Provide planning related to Q&EHS objectives and compliance, lead Region in planning for EHS success
• Establish and accomplish aggressive personal and Region Q&EHS goals
• Understand, implement report and monitor on Q&EHS measures and metrics
• Establish and maintain regulatory compliance metrics
• Experience with QEHS management systems including development and implementation of 9001, 14001 and 18001.
• Willingness to travel 50% of the time
• Ability to research and write applicable Q&EHS procedures and policies
• Maintain constructive relationship with customers
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in safety and or environmental engineering or a related field.
• Working knowledge of United States and Canadian EHS requirements
• Strong knowledge of electrical safety work practices, working at height and lock out-tag out
• Six to ten or more years of hands on HSE leadership experience.
• Experience with ISO processes such as 9001, 14001 and 18001 or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to lead and influence others.
• Demonstrated results leading others in the accomplishment of HSE objectives.
• Ability to work independently
• Professional certifications such as CSP or CIH highly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .