Siemens Property Tax Accountant in Orlando, Florida
Property Tax Accountant
Job Family: Finance
Division: Global Services
Business Unit: Business Process Shared Services
Requisition Number: 201737
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Property Tax Accountant
The Property Tax accountant is primarily responsible for property tax filing, payment and assessment challenges for the Global Services Functional Tax Services group. This role requires the employee to build relationships with the Siemens Operating Companies (SOC’s) key personnel as well as the various jurisdictional government authorities. Other responsibilities include defending SOC’s in property tax audits, conducting reverse audits and generating savings for the operating companies on an annual basis. This Property Tax accountant position reports to the Property Tax and Other Taxes Manager of Global Services, a division of Siemens Corp. The mission of the department is to provide comprehensive support to all represented SOC’s for transactional taxes including: sales and use taxes, property taxes, excise taxes, business licensees, 1042 compliance, and annual reports. This position will be an individual contributor who demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of real and personal property tax and applies through successful completion of assignments. This position is a US based role and will require limited travel.
Level of contacts: This position will interface with both internal and external contacts. The Property Tax accountant is the secondary contact for all contracted property tax outsourcing and consulting representation. Other external contacts will include taxing authorities, vendors, partners, and auditors. Internally this position will interface with SOC's to obtain data in order to conduct tax compliance and consulting activities within the scope of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with SOC's. In addition, this position will have contact with both individual contributors and managements from SOC’s.
Tax Compliance Activities
• Completion of all property tax compliance requirements directly and through the ongoing coordination of outsourced support.
• Representing and defending the SOC’s through assigned duties to support property tax audits
• Contacting jurisdictions for assessment requirements
• Completion of relationship and monitoring supplier metrics for SLA delivery standards.
Tax Consulting/Strategic Planning
• Provide level one tax analysis, planning, control and reporting for the business consistent with the Siemens guidelines and requirements for contract negotiations.
• Identify assessment reduction opportunities and execute action plans within the Strategic Review process for real and personal property.
• Interact with portfolio managers and provide recommendations on property tax matters involving operating, capital, and fair market value equipment leases.
• Document, comply, monitor, evaluate and update internal state and local tax policies and procedures and recommend alternatives to ensure compliance and reduce tax overspending.
• Research, analyze and prepare multi-state business and affiliate state and local tax refund opportunities.
• Recommend and follow through process changes that reduce potential exposure
• Support multi-state and local tax training workshops for the business and affiliates.
• Prepare and provide accrual reserve and analysis recommendations to the SOC’s as requested or within the scope the SLA.
• Prepare all property tax account reconciliations and follow-through opened items as required or within the scope of the SLA
• Tracking and reporting metrics
• Actively contribute and participate in assigned departmental goals and objectives to meet Siemens balance scorecard for assigned targets for financial, customer, process, and employee targets.
• Support SOC’s internal audits to document tax compliance.
• Support the property tax compliance segment of all SOC migrations: Tasks include: Confirming all active property tax locations and accounts; verifying data sources, obtaining all historical reporting and payment records, configuring data for import into the property tax compliance system, obtaining, verifying and establishing property tax Inter-Company Clearing (ICC) payment methods and vendors, and any other migration duties that may be assigned to insure a successful on boarding of a SOC to prevent the interruption in property tax renditions filings, payments, and consulting.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Experience in tracking and reporting leased assets across multiple jurisdictions desired.
• Demonstrated knowledge or principles and practices of real and personal property tax compliance
• Demonstrated ability to operating in multiple ERP systems.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Minimum of 5-8 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .