Siemens Patent Professional in Orlando, Florida
Job Family: Legal & Compliance
Division: Corporate Technology
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 217286
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
This position will be responsible for drafting and prosecution of patent applications relating to Siemens inventions. The patent professional will be responsible for all the tasks required to meet USPTO requirements, meeting Siemens policies and practices related to patent procurement, and drafting legal arguments based on analysis of technical references. In addition, the patent professional will coordinate Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) filings and foreign prosecution of patent applications.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for drafting and prosecution of patent applications filed in the USPTO.
• Analyze technical references to determine differences between drafted patent applications and cited art/prior art.
• Interfaces with inventors within the scope of patent procurement.
• Responsible coordinating foreign prosecution and PCT filings.
• Responsible for the preparation, filing and prosecution of patent correspondence.
• Must be able to contribute to a team environment and assist members with technical and/or legal issues as related to patents.
• Acts as liaison between company attorneys, outside counsel, organizations, and in-house employees.
• Maintain a patent docket and handle same in a timely fashion.
• Must be able to handle a number of cases and work independently.
• Bachelor degree or higher in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science from an accredited University.
• Registered as a patent agent in the USPTO.
• Seven plus years of extensive experience with US patent drafting and US patent prosecution of mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, and software related applications.
• Considerable experience with appeals, examiner interviews, and petitions.
• Strong knowledge of PCT and foreign filing practice.
• Able to take direction and work both independently and as a cooperative team member.
• Ability to work under pressure with sound judgment in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines.
• Related engineering experience preferred.
• Technical understanding of Siemens products and technologies preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .