Siemens EPC Bid Manager in Orlando, Florida
EPC Bid Manager
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 201310
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Power and Gas Division is the trusted partner for world class products and solutions for the oil and gas, power and industrial markets. The Division is dedicated to deliver its customers reliable, efficient, clean and safe products and solutions.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
This position is within the Bid Management organization of the Energy Solutions business supporting the Sales of Combined and Simple Cycle power plants in the Americas region.
• As EPC Bid Manager for Energy Solutions, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team that has responsibility to define, document and fully develop EPC proposals and contracts that conform cost, schedule, risk and terms.
• The EPC proposal team will consist of dedicated employees from multiple disciplines, all focused on EPC proposal development.
• This position requires you to closely work with Sales, Commercial, Engineering, Supply Management, Projects, Site Execution, and the Product groups to support customer technology selection, project definition and site selection/permitting.
• Manage and supervise direct reports in the team responsible for their career development
• Lead discussion with Sales to develop strategy for development of competitive proposal
• Provide day-to-day direction to the proposal team with a focus on specification review, product selection, commercial and negotiation strategy
• Attend customer meetings/discussions and guide the team on addressing topics related to the technical aspects of the Proposal
• Participate on negotiation teams driving contract negotiation of complex Power Plant projects
• Drive a competitive costing approach to allow us to bid aggressively
• Drive a thorough risk assessment process analyzing all risks associated with technology, suppliers, local economic conditions, local labor unions, schedule, and general construction risks
• Develop and manage negotiation budget
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Must have 10+ years of Power Industry or Gas Turbine related experience.
• Knowledgeable in the scope of supply and design of simple cycle and combined cycle power plants with direct EPC experience.
• Experience in areas of combined cycle plant technology, specification review, product selection, cost/price & LOA support, proposal generation and support of commercial strategy.
• Awareness of Limits Of Approval procedures and the ability to collect costs, analyze risks, and present sound action plans for meeting customer requirements.
• Demonstrated experience in leading a cross functional team of professionals and managers.
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects or assignments.
• The ability to conceptualize and socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
• Well developed English language communication skills (verbal, written and presentation); able to clearly and concisely express information (or data) to non-technical associates, peers and management.
• Innovation skills, creativity, willingness to share and explore new ideas.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel both domestic and international 35%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Previous field experience (power plant) preferred
• Spanish speaking skill
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Directs the completion of the most complex projects within unit. Directs project definitions, selecting sources and monitoring results. Directs the development of strategic and business plans in regard to marketing needs. Conceptualizes and develops ideas and suggestions for new products and major enhancements to existing products. Directs the development and implementation of marketing programs, channel and pricing strategies to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products/services.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. Demonstrates advance understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.Typically 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others:
Typically manages multiple levels of managers.
Key Working Relationships:
Multiple function, worldwide inter-organizational, and external contacts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .