Siemens Engineer in Training in Orlando, Florida
Engineer in Training
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 212313
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
The Siemens Power Generation Services Division, with a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the wind, utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of powering our country?
What is the Engineer in Training Program?
The Engineer in Training (EIT) Program positions you to be a Field Service Engineer who travels to power plants across the globe. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting vibration diagnostics, controls/auxiliaries, and metrology/alignment on some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including combustion turbines, steam turbines and generators. The 12-month training program combines comprehensive coursework and hands-on training at Siemens facilities in Orlando, Charlotte, Houston, and Pittsburgh. You will also experience on-the-job training as a member of one of our field teams that work at power plants across the U.S.
Your responsibilities may include:
• supervising technicians and mechanics
• interfacing with customer personnel (management, engineers, craft)
• disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling turbines and generators
• collaborating with our worldwide engineering staff
• performing specialized mechanical and electrical testing
• analyzing equipment operation
• developing and submitting field report documenting all job activity
You will work directly with our leading staff of engineers and educators, developing skills that include:
• job site safety
• turbine-generator familiarization (steam and combustion)
• combustion turbine-generator commissioning and tuning
• steam turbine-generator commissioning
• vibration analysis and balancing
• metrology/alignment (portable coordinate measurement machines)
• modal analysis (impact testing)
EIT program participants are full-time employees with full benefits. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be assigned and must be willing to live within 60 miles of the following location:
Program start date is July
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for people who prefer hands-on work and are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We are looking for people that are detail oriented and well organized that have the ability to concentrate and analyze data in high stress/time sensitive situations.
This position requires domestic and international traveling up to 75% of the time. The work can be performed from anywhere in the world. Must have a valid passport. Must be available to work night shifts (including weekends and holidays) while traveling as required.
The candidate must have the ability to pass a detailed background check (both criminal and financial) as required by customers for entering their facilities.
We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the success of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for the Engineer in Training Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Majors: Engineering and Engineering Technology; a focus on Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Power, Marine, or Facilities engineering disciplines is preferred
• Graduation Date: Candidates must complete all degree requirements by the program start date, but no more than six years prior.
• GPA: 2.8 (preferred)
• Relocation and Travel: Candidates must be willing to relocate. Candidates for this position should expect to work away from their home location an average of 200-250 days per year. Individual assignments are typically 1 to 2weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week.
• Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .