Siemens Engineer in Training- DS in Orlando, Florida
Engineer in Training- DS
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 212300
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
The Siemens Power Generation Services Division, with a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the wind, utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide.
Are you ready to take on the challenge of powering our country? (District Service Engineer)
What is the Engineer in Training Program?
The Engineer in Training (EIT) Program positions you to be a Field Service Engineer who travels to power plants across the Globe. In this role, you will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades to some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators. The 12-month training program combines comprehensive coursework and hands-on training at Siemens facilities in Orlando, Houston, and Pittsburgh. You will also experience on-the-job training as a member of one of our field teams that work at power plants across the U.S.
Your responsibilities may include:
• supervising technicians and mechanics
• upgrading mechanical, electrical systems on turbine generators to increase power output and efficiency
• disassembling, inspecting, and reassembling turbines and generators
• collaborating with our worldwide engineering staff
• performing specialized mechanical and electrical testing
• analyzing equipment operation
You will work directly with our leading staff of engineers and educators, developing skills that include:
• equipment design and maintenance
• job site safety
• project management
• Siemens business systems
EIT program participants are full-time employees with full benefits. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be assigned and must be willing to live within 60 miles of one of the following locations:
Las Vegas, NV
Program start dates are in January 2018 and June 2018.
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for people who prefer hands-on work and are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the success of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for the Engineer in Training Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Majors: Engineering and Engineering Technology; a focus on Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Power, Marine, or Facilities engineering disciplines is preferred
• Graduation Date: Candidates must complete all degree requirements by the program state date, but no more than six years prior.
• GPA: 2.8 (preferred)
• Relocation and Travel: Candidates must be willing to relocate. Candidates for this position should expect to work away from their home location an average of 200-250 days per year. Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week.
• Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .