Siemens EHS Specialist in Orlando, Florida
Job Family: Environmental Protection, Health & Safety
Division: Wind Power and Renewables
Business Unit: Technology
Requisition Number: 200712
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
Purpose of Position:
For our Validation and Quality Department we are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Product Safety & Compliance Lead to secure compliance in our new wind turbine development projects and to support our Zero Harm culture.
The Product Safety & Compliance Lead ensures that product requirements relating to compliance and safety are met in our turbine designs. As a Product Safety & Compliance Lead, your role will be to plan, drive, and facilitate fulfilment of compliance and safety requirements in the turbine development projects, and to be health and safety support for the line organization.
You will work closely together with the Project Team and the design organization in order to maintain Siemens’ high standards for quality and safety and to continuously improve the methods and processes within health and safety management.
As Product Safety & Compliance Lead, you will interact across countries and continents as products developed in one region may be installed and operated in another region. Experience in working in an international organization is an advantage for this position, as is the ability to network with people from different locations, cultures, and management levels.
• Support in the interpretation and application of relevant US Safety standards
• Compile the required documentation and assess compliance against relevant standards
• Advise project team on design safety and compliance and provide technical support in meeting requirements
• Support the project team in design decisions and problem-solving
• BS degree in relevant field from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
• Technical background with experience from the wind industry or similar, with practical design or hands-on experience
• 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Solid knowledge of the requirements of relevant US safety standards, such as UL, OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, etc,
• Able to handle complex cases and projects and to structure large amounts of information without losing overview
• Able to influence many stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Structured with a sound approach to regulations and processes
• Possess strong communication skillsA
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .