Siemens Rotor Assembler in Norwood, Ohio
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 214115
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges,
strengthening their competitiveness. For more information, please visit:
Responsible for assembly of laminated Rotor Core used in electric motors.
· Perform all necessary Rotor Core building operations per drawing, Manufacturing Methods and work center instructions.
· Insert the shaft into the core and weld.
· Insert copper bars into the rotor core.
· Prepare rotor assembly for grinding and balancing (benching). This includes slot, clean, drill and taps holes, assemble rings and fans.
· Efficiently perform all operations necessary to insure core conforms to visual and functional customer requirements to drawing and/or specifications.
· Move cores from staging area to the next workstation.
· Check all materials and verify all relative information on core, dispose of all trash and scrap in designated containers.
· Visually inspect and accept or reject cores for material defects, etc
· Demonstrated ability to move and transport material using crane or hand truck.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent
Must have the physical ability to perform work required
Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to Rotor core assemblies.
Ability to read a tape measure, scale, calipers, and micrometers
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
Ability to operate various powered hand tools – (drills, grinders, impact drivers, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Prior experience in a machining environment.
Experience operating manual or CNC machine tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .