Siemens Technical Support Technician 3 in Norwood, Massachusetts
Technical Support Technician 3
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 500070
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Individual is responsible for providing complex technical phone support to Siemens Immunoassay and ADVIA Chemistry customers, and escalating unresolved issues to ensure timely problem resolution. Instrument operational experience is preferred. Candidate must possess excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills, while exhibiting characteristics and behaviors which support TCS Mission, Vision and Values.
Shift – Tuesday-Saturday 3p-11:30p EST
· Promotes an open and positive work environment
· Demonstrates commitment to achieving the TSC goals as measured by balanced Customer Service Levels scorecard
· Achieves customer satisfaction through timely follow-up and appropriate troubleshooting
· Proficient skills in typing, Outlook, Excel, Word and other critical job applications
· Maintains a high level of technical expertise on products supported
· Works collaboratively to develop and implement action plans to resolve communication issues
· Accurately document and communicate complaints within Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics regulatory and departmental procedures
· Exhibits professionalism
· Embraces diversity and respects differences of opinions
· Act and be recognized as a technical resource and trusted mentor within the product group
· Identifies gaps, proposes/delivers and implements effective solutions
Knowledge and Experience:
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Medical Technology or associated discipline, Biology or Chemistry.
· 5-8 years of relevant experience (i.e. Diagnostics Laboratory experience is a must, Technical Phone Support, Quality Control experience etc.)
· Proficient computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Immunoassay and/or Chemistry Diagnostics
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .