Siemens Technical Support Technician 3 in Norwood, Massachusetts
Technical Support Technician 3
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 214468
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Technical Support Technician - DX Automation responds to phone and e-mail inquiries regarding diagnostics IT and automation products. Specialists provide technical troubleshooting assistance to external customers, initiating product concerns for evaluation. Candidates must be positive, energetic and believe in and practice service based leadership.
• Resolves or escalates customer inquiries and issues by phone and email using product knowledge and IT expertisethrough customer coaching and remote connectivity.
• Determines the root cause of issues encountered and accurately documents resolutions in
call tracking system.
• Escalate issues for advanced support if resolution cannot be identified quickly or when supportdocumentation is inconclusive.
• Assists customers, IT departments, LIS vendors and third-party OEM vendors with corrective
actions and preventative measures.
• Responds to all questions in a quick and courteous and professional manner
This position will work a mid-day shift and may be required to work one a weekend day.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-related, IT focused, or engineering field, or equivalent experience.
• Exceptional phone and communication skills (verbal and written)
• A positive "can-do" attitude
• Ability to thrive as a member of a collaborative, cross-functional team
• Excellent organizational skills and exceptional customer focus
• Ability to travel 10% as required, primarily for training
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Healthcare IT and/or automation background
• Industry certification in A+, Net+, Security+ or equivalent
• Computer Hardware experience: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS • Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
• Windows: XP; Windows7 Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management;
Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies.
• Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; Routing; Packets; Subnets.
• Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers,
• Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN.
• Security concepts: Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS.
• Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
• Thorough knowledge of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory.
• Strong leadership, project management, communication, computer and presentation
skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and customer interaction skills, including business acumen to understand business impact.
• Effective communication skills with ability to interact with multiple business functions and management levels.
• Contribute to departmental capabilities relating to instrument connectivity, systems configuration, and interoperability.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .