Siemens Systems Engineering Analyst in Norwood, Massachusetts
Systems Engineering Analyst
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 200066
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Engineering Systems Analyst provides a broad range of service management operations for support of SAP P41 and IBM DOORS applications (including application administration and business process support, change management, document management, training, data migration, application demo, user acceptable testing, regression testing) to ensure that given service or solution resources are available to the business. May serve as Project Manager for moderate to complex projects. Supports planning and design of business processes and makes recommendations in order to improve and support business activities.
This role will be reporting to the R&D team and will interface with a centralized IT function to facilitate R&D functional tool usage.
• SAP P41 EDM experience with Document Management, Change Management, BOM Usage, Application Administration, User Role Assignment.
• IBM DOORS experience with requirements management and traceability.
• Provide answers to SAP/DOORS questions on Administrative and Usage issues
• Provide solutions or workarounds to SAP/DOORS issues in a timely manner.
• Writing detailed notes describing technical issues, software defects and investigations.
• Collect business requirements and interface with IT to introduce enhancements, feature updates. Coordinate rollout of such after performing acceptance testing.
• Tool/template development to make the use of SAP/DOORS more efficient and user friendly. Develop a simple word or excel form to act as an input as well as devising automated report generation methods as outputs from these tools.
• Analyzes and improves business process methods and workflow to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, or discontinuance
• Leads and facilitate planning and designing new business processes and improvements to existing processes as required by business.
• Problem solving of work flow and business system and processes.
• The ability to lead the installation and data migration for these tools when we have new revisions or server moves.
• Point person for initiating tickets with IT for escalating application issues and general troubleshooting.
• Devises, maintains, and coordinates / administers training on SAP/DOORS.
• Analyze and improve existing business process methods and workflow to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, or discontinuance.
• Generate reports and metrics per business requirements.
• Ensure business process methods and workflows are in alignment with strategic direction of the organization.
• Subject matter expert on SAP/DOORS workflow processes.
• Participates in best practice sharing with other plants in regards to business and SAP/DOORS methods and workflows
• At least 5 years in engineering or production environment.
• Requires proficient analytical, writing and communication skills, thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application installation.
• Ability to comprehend complex software concepts, networking concepts and Microsoft Windows/Unix operating systems are a plus.
• Knowledge of SAP P41 a plus
• Knowledge of IBM DOORS a plus
• Qualified candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Biomedical. Advanced degree is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .