Siemens Senior Industrial Designer in Norwood, Massachusetts
Senior Industrial Designer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 200730
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Point of Care (POC) business unit seeks a Senior Industrial Designer to join the User Experience Design (UXD) team and will be responsible for creating and implementing compelling user experiences applying user-centered design process, design thinking and brand-driven design strategies. In this position the candidate will lead and execute customer research activities, understand the needs of the user, apply a user centered design process to define requirements, generate concepts, interaction maps, prototypes and take design leadership of the product development effort to meet requirements of projects as well as provide creative device and product designs collaborating with key functions such as marketing, engineering, software and UXD team members. The candidate will also serve in a supporting role for other projects lead by other team members.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of user experience design, industrial design and experience working in a regulated environment, preferably in the medical device industry.
• Lead and drive product development representing UX in a cross functional team Ensure customer’s needs, usability requirements and design objectives are met.
• Lead customer research activities; translate research into design solutions applying a user-centered design process.
• Create 3D models, prototypes, sketches, renderings and proof of concept models that effectively communicate design intent and demonstrate product potential.
• Develop presentation deliverables that may include field testing, research summaries, sketches, user scenarios, product renderings, and appearance models
• Build 3D CAD models from concept to model shop ready presentations
• Collaborate with broader design team, business, marketing, engineering, operations, and manufacturing partners to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve brand
• Responsible for input related to product offerings, form development, human factors and ergonomics, material selection, finishes, color, brand language and graphical user interfaces.
• Lead usability tests, usability verification and validation testing, manage external design agencies.
• Bachelors in a design related degree such as Industrial design
• Minimum of 5+ years progressive experience in the field of industrial design
• Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) KeyShot, Solidworks, and Rhino. Experience in HTML/CSS & Flash is a plus.
• Impeccable craftsmanship and attention to detail.Excellent sketching, form development, CAD modeling, rendering, and graphic skills. Proficient in relevant software: Adobe CC, 3D CAD, Rendering Tools
• Experience working with 3D printers, shop tools, materials, and the manufacturing processes
• Comfortable with all phases of the design process - from research to concept development and detail design for manufacturing
• Strong ability in hands on model making/prototyping
• Willingness to work closely with, and take direction from, senior design team members
• Experience with the regulatory landscape, especially an understanding of medical device usability standards, is preferred.
• Broad project management skills and the ability to seamlessly switch between big picture thinking and product-level details. Ability to execute great design within a complex and regulated environment.
• Confident interpersonal communication, influencing skills, proficient time management, business acumen and project planning are critical.
• Must submit a PDF portfolio or provide link to web-based portfolio of sample work for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .