Siemens Configuration Management Release Engineer in Norwood, Massachusetts
Configuration Management Release Engineer
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 200064
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Software Configuration Manager will join our team of requirements engineers, developers, and testers and assist them in developing and releasing medical devices for the Point-of-Care market. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform software configuration management responsibilities. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Software Development within the instrument software development organization in the Point-of-Care business area.
Perform configuration management responsibilities for the instrument software development organization.
• Establish and maintain the integrity of all work products including requirements, design, code, test procedures, and software releases
• Generate and execute software configuration management plans for multiple products
• Administer the source code control system
• Establish baselines and control changes to configuration items
• Perform configuration audits
• Perform release readiness reviews
• Build, test, document, and release software products
• Estimate, plan, and track software configuration management tasks and provide project status to management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience include:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of software configuration management
• Minimum 6 years working within a software development organization
• Experience establishing configuration management policies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to establish, train and audit the software change management process
• Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and adjust priorities
• Knowledge of version control tools using branching strategies
• Experience with defect tracking
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience include:
• Agile software development methodology
• Team Foundation Server source code control and build management
• Operating Systems (Android, Windows Embedded)
• Programming Languages (C#, Java)
• IDEs (Microsoft Visual Studio, intellij)
• Ability to generate OS platforms (Platform builder, target designer)
• Automated static code analysis tools
• Using VM for deployment of development and test environment
• Experience working in an FDA regulated environment developing medical devices
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .