Siemens STAR-CCM+ Application Support Engineer in Northville, Michigan
STAR-CCM+ Application Support Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 211416
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Northville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for managing a set of customer accounts to ensure their technical success with our software, STAR-CCM+. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and best practices to help the client meet their objectives. The role includes training, mentoring and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to
define and execute pro-active initiatives to grow usage within the set of assigned accounts. Excellent communication skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good communication skills, we would like to hear from you.
• Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take responsibility for successful resolution of issues.
• Participate and facilitate the sales process serving as a technical advisor to the sales team and to the customer.
• Conduct technical discussions with prospective customers to collect and understand requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach.
• Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in STAR-CCM+.
• Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define best practices and verify results.
• Create Knowledge Base articles for the customer portal.
• Work on multiple projects/problems simultaneously.
• Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide input on future product direction and communicate new capabilities to customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics.
• Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design. • Flexible and willing to learn new skills.
• Collaborative mindset to take personal ownership of team objectives and proactively complete work independently to meet those objectives.
• Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel up to 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with a common object oriented programming concepts and languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.).
• Experience using 3D CAD software, mesh generation software, and/or CAE software from disciplines other than fluid mechanics.
• Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives and constraints in one of the following industries: Aerospace, Turbomachinery, Automotive, Electronics, etc.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .