Siemens Solutions Operations Manager I - Building Automation Solutions - Norfolk, VA in Norfolk, Virginia
Solutions Operations Manager I - Building Automation Solutions - Norfolk, VA
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200119
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
First line management position in Operations. Directs the activities of sustained/consistent project portfolio between five to ten million (5-10M). Manages staff including Project Managers, and possibly Specialists and Engineers. Position may be assigned to a dedicated account and will be located on the account site/campus and perform Project Manager duties. Manages 8-12 direct reports.
• Plan, organize, direct and control all system and/ or service operation activities to assure profitable growth.
• Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring and issue resolution planning.
• Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins.
• Direct and supervise the development of project plans and ensure plans are followed.
• Oversee supervision of all installation and retrofit work and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed in accordance with contract documents and customer expectations.
• Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
• Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams including proper pricing and scope of work definition for project opportunities.
• Communicate project information (e.g. equipment changes) to engineering, operations and sales employees as needed to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
• Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
• Manage or advise on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
• Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures and productivity tools. Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements and ensure compliance.
• Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications and services.
• Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations and affiliations and develops relationships with customer, contractors and community leaders
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Associates degree in Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of technical experience in a related role
• 3-5 years experience of Project Management experience for building controls.
Prior knowledge in Commercial Building Automation Controls.
• Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
• Experience with managing project budgets of 500k or more.
• Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors Degree is preferred
• PMP Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .