Siemens Sr Engineer - Teamcenter in Norcross, Georgia
Sr Engineer - Teamcenter
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 211381
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Be a part of the technical team leading Low Voltage Products’ Design and Operations digital journey! Establishing smart factories, digital twins, lifecycle analytics are all part of the Digital Enterprise @ Siemens and Teamcenter is the foundation on which we are building.
Low Voltage Product’s Teamcenter instance is critical to engineering, manufacturing and project management functions across our many locations throughout North America. The community continues to grow at over 30% year, due to its expanding capabilities and integration with enterprise applications. The PLM platform is continuously looked to as enabler for Digitalization in Siemens for these teams and their business objectives.
The Teamcenter Solution Architect is part of a global Engineering Systems team responsible for technical & functional leadership. Interfacing with engineering, finance, project management, and manufacturing teams at all levels. This senior level role responds to shifting priorities in a fast paced, results-oriented environment.
· Responsible for the planning, configuration and implementation of PLM solutions using Teamcenter, TC Reporting & Analytics, TC for SAP (T4S) and TC for Enterprise Applications (T4EA).
· Provide functional Teamcenter PLM expertise for user trainings/support and issue resolution, in areas of CAD management, BOM management, Change Management, Document Management, Schedule Management, Reporting and Analytics, TC integrations.
· Responsible for activities throughout the solution cycle, including: process definition, benefit assessment and funding, planning, configuration, testing, user acceptance, deployment, user trainings and issue resolution.
· Lead sessions with process owners capturing use cases & requirements; maintain stakeholder alignment.
· Plan larger initiatives- Accurately scope length and difficulty of tasks; break down work items into manageable steps; develop schedules with tasks/assignments; anticipate and adjust as needed to prevent delivery and/or quality impacts; evaluate results.
· Design technical architecture of solutions in a manner that allows ease of use and quick adoption by user in the business groups involved. Utilizes out of the box solutions as much as possible; aligning requirements and processes to Teamcenter capabilities and PLM best practices.
· Perform Root Cause Analysis, debug recurring problems and utilize skills to prevent the recurrence of issues.
· Maintain status for stakeholders and communicate issues /progress
· Author, review and maintain solution documentation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
· 7 - 10 years of experience in Teamcenter implementation and support
· 3-5 yrs experience working with and managing PLM partners/solution providers.
· Knowledge and Experience of Teamcenter Foundation, as well as the following Optional Modules:
· TC Reporting & Analytics
· Teamcenter for SAP (T4S)
· Active Workspace
· Schedule Manager
· Mechanical CAD and Electrical CAD Integrations
· Proven ability to consistently deliver work on time, while meeting/exceeding quality expectations.
· Must be self-directed; capable of managing and delivering multiple, concurrent initiatives.
· Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
· Ability to lead groups in discussion and manage conflict
· Strong Process based solution definition or business process re-engineering background
· Ability to concretely define and align scope of stated problem and/or work item; maintaining that definition with stakeholder(s) through delivery.
5-8 year experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Knowledge and Experience of Teamcenter Optional Modules
· Supplier Collaboration Framework
· Requirements Management
Familiarity with company business system (e.g. SAP)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .