Siemens Product Consultant/Manager in Norcross, Georgia
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 200819
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Outward focussed, field-oriented PROFINET specialist & promoter with emphasis on:
Promoting PROFINET to device manufacturers to integrate into their devices.
Focus on winning new suppliers of PROFINET devices.
Expand the market share of PROFINET (PN) in USA (and other American countries)
• Part of the Factory Automation Business Unit’s Product Marketing group, reporting to the Manager, Product Marketing.
• Acquisition of new manufacturers/suppliers + "OEMs" of automation components for PROFINET (PN RT + PN IRT). Continuous support of the defined manufacturers and goal-oriented management toward the realization of a PN interface.
• Regular attendance at industry fairs and generation of leads at potential manufacturers for PN technology. Influencing of end customers with regard to aspects of Industry 4.0 with focus on industrial communications. Support for the presentation to manufacturers, committees and customers.
• Creation of presentations and local publications (articles). Development of local customer-benefit arguments and of the unique selling points for manufacturers.
• Intensive consultation + support for the manufacturers on PN-technology selection (e.g. ERTEC, TIGER, Hilscher ASIC, HMS-Module, etc). Coordination of the manufacturers development support (e.g. PIC)
• Analyze the local market and identification of importance and strategic manufacturers and "OEMs"
• Guidance and support during the development cycle of manufacturers and provision of information and optimization in PN technology development portfolio (DevKit) to product management in HQ Nbg/M.
• Forceful monitoring and documentation of the opportunity list with a regular report with degree of process and communication (p/month) to the HQ in Nbg/M.
• Initializing and support of the local PI organization by realizing the PN-Technology Marketing measures. (e.g. Initializing and planning of local development workshops, Newsletter, etc.)
• Monitoring of competitors and processing of the competitor information for PRM and the sales teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Knowledge in automation business especially programming of SIMATIC and STEP7
• Skills regarding filed bus systems (EthernetIP, PN, EtherCat, etc) and Ethernettechnologie generally.
• Detailed know-how in embedded architectures: Micro Controller, real-time operation systems, HW-Design and porting of program code idealy with R&D Background.
• Self-confident and proactive communication with manufacturers/suppliers and customer. Outstanding presentation skills. Communication is a key aspect of this role – verbal and written. Presentation skills are required both in delivering presentations, but also in developing standardized presentations and tools for use by the sales community.
• Advanced skills to independently resolve very complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
• Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
• Travel typically 40 to 50 percent
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .