Siemens Industrial Networking Product Marketing Manager in Norcross, Georgia
Industrial Networking Product Marketing Manager
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 211512
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a marketing manager responsible for Industrial Wireless, Network Services and Certification trainings. The manager is responsible for driving the adoption of PROFINET in the industrial marketplace and developing the strategic approach for growing our Scalance W (Wi-Fi), Scalance M (cellular), and Professional Network Services and Certification training business in the US.
The position will report to the Director of Product Marketing and be part of the PA CI product marketing team. Position involves setting business strategy, managing to a business plan, and coordinating with the appropriate resources for winning business.
This will be an Individual performer focused on Industrial Wireless, Automation Networking (CP’s, Telecontrol), and PROFINET technologies.
• Develop and Lead the strategy and activities to position Siemens as the Premier Industrial Ethernet Supplier in the US (Network Supplier Initiative).
• Create, execute and maintain a marketing business plan to drive the Scalance business in the US
• Develop, and execute marketing programs to increase awareness and drive demand for the Industrial Wireless and Cellular portfolio
• Develop a go-to-market model and strategy to make the process of using Siemens cellular products/solutions easy.
• Serve in the role of “quarterback” in executing the go-to-market strategy with industrial sales force, sales specialists and distribution partners
• Develop and deliver “benefits based” sales trainings to Siemens Sales and Channel Partners
• Maintain and guide the focus portfolios of products through the Product Lifecycle Management process as well as launch new products to the US market
• Coordinate the marketing plan and strategy for PROFINET with PI North America, and other PD and DF businesses in the US.
• Collect US market/product requirements for wireless, cellular, services and training and work with global headquarters to address them
• Collaborate with other groups such as Customer Service, Marcom, Sales and Channel Partners
• Technical understanding and experience with factory automation networks and IT systems
• Proven experience marketing technology products
• Understanding of typical sales and marketing strategies in a technology market
• Specific knowledge and firm understanding of Industrial Wireless and Cellular technologies
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate virtual teams, influence indirect resources and balance complex issues/priorities is required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Technical Degree in marketing, Communications, electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent experience and knowledge.
Desired 3-5 years of experience in marketing technology products
Technical experience and knowledge of networking products and architectures required.
Travel percentage – 35%
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .