Siemens QC Tech 3 in Newark, Delaware
QC Tech 3
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 211203
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Operates and performs adjustments to lab equipment and instruments. Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using complex equipment. Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results. Performs periodic inspections of equipment and performs preventative maintenance work. Performs troubleshooting test processes. Performs complex calculations as well as prepares graphs and charts.
• Completes manufacturing related studies and processes;
• Gathers and records complex production information;
• Enters data into internal computer systems and generates documents as required;
• Operates and maintains complex equipment systems and instrumentation;
• Interacts with others inside/outside work group: scientists, engineers and management;
• Potential to work independently on projects including defining tasks, setting priorities and planning materials;
• Understands the quality management system and ensures that their area complies with FDA, ISO and IVDD standards.
• Knowledge of root cause investigations and performing Corrective actions.
• Mathematical skills: concentration calculations and statistical analysis;
• Computer skills: customary MS Office programs, SAP, LIMS, and/or Siemens Clinical testing software.
• Laboratory skills: operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instruments and chemistry assays.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently;
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Flexibility to work overtime and/or irregular work hours as needed;
• This position will be a 1st shift position: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
• Knowledge of and experience in handling bio-hazard materials;
• Possibility of handling controlled substances – Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Criminal background checks may apply
• Knowledge of QSR’s and ISO standards.
• Position may require participation in new product development, production support and/or reference materials.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Successfully demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area. Generally, 1-3 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or equivalent or 2 year degree with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .