Siemens Informatics Engineer in Newark, Delaware
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 200429
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Informatics Support Engineer
The Headquarter Support Center (HSC) Informatics engineer provides expert level service and support to the Regional Units primarily for problem management and for more complex incident management of issues escalated by the Regional Support Centers (RSC).
• This role requires keen problem management and written skills to address and document technical issues that impact the Siemens laboratory informatics portfolio. HSC is required to work collaboratively with cross functional partners to achieve a final solution and eliminate root cause.
• HSC is required to understand all aspects of Siemens Healthcare Informatics products to ensure troubleshooting and issue identification in the form of non-conformance are escalated and processed correctly via the Siemens quality complaint handling process.
• The Global Informatics support engineer may respond to the most difficult problems either on site or through remote interaction.
• The Global Informatics support engineer is also the primary liaison between the RSC or DCU (Designated Complaint Unit), for problem clarification with R&D and/or OEM vendors for complaint investigation or confirmation processes.
• This position is in-house under Siemens Healthcare service organization for Laboratory Diagnostics (HC SV CS LD HSC), and reports directly to the manager of HSC Informatics for Siemens DX. Requires passport or visa for international travel as needed.
Daily or monthly activities may include the following:
• Updating / managing complaints to determine if they are non-conformance or enhancement to ensure the proper process is used for solution generation.
• Creating and presenting data or information in a way that can drive a business decision to enhance or resolve a product problem identified through the complaint process.
• Preparing technical calls and hosting global conference calls, which may include presenting webinars to technical experts via remote conferencing.
• Creating / reviewing Product Support Troubleshooting Documentation (internal and external)
• Troubleshooting software issues including database and communication interface issues.
• Using proactive tools or data sets to target accounts for remedial action and work cross functionally to formulate an action plan that is implemented by the local support organizations.
• Working directly with in-house and OEM R&D to ensure the solution will meet the service or end user’s needs.
• Design and deliver advanced training workshops for 2nd level support engineers local or remote.
• Participating in Service Element Teams to provide technical feedback
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 4 year degree in Computer Technology or related fields. Preference will be given to candidates with BS degree (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with computer concentration)
• Experience with IT systems support is a plus.
• Excellent communication and writing skills along with the ability to present to different technical groups
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Ability to multitask among a variety of concurrent activities and the ability to manage priorities
• Ability to troubleshoot Computer and Server Issues(Hardware/Firmware/RAID)
• Ability to read and understand software logging files, including ability to search, sort, and filter
• Ability to Work with different types of database software (MS SQL, MYSQL, Firebird)
• Ability to Troubleshoot TCP-IP issues
• Ability to Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows and MS server issues
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Familiarity with laboratory instrument interfacing and having worked with a clinical laboratory environment is a plus
• Preferred A+ and Net+ certifications
• Support experience with VMware or Virtual Box
• Experience working with SQL databases and scripting.
• Mid¬level Programming in a similar language to C++ or other object orientated language
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .