Siemens DX IT Analyst 4 in Newark, Delaware
DX IT Analyst 4
Job Family: Information Technology
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 200889
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template
Instructions: Please use the template below to write a customized job description for your position. The bolded headers "Position Overview", "Responsibilities" , "Required Skills" & "Preferred" should remain in the final draft, but the blue-colored text should be replaced with content specific to the position.
For LD and POC modalities within the United States, supports establishing, monitoring, maintaining, and improving the effectiveness of:
· SRS connections
· Proactive activities, such as Guardian
· Remote Update Handling
· Team knowledge base
Escalated support and consultant toteam providing DX IT and security support to customers and all business partners
Drives the utilization and maintenance of DX IT and other innovative technologies as cost saving and revenue generating opportunities to implement/improve:
· Capabilities within SRS and instruments to maximize service productivity
· Proper positioning of remote services within business and to customers
· Connectivity and support solutions based on customer requirements
· Professional services
Evaluates customer DX IT requirements to identify and develop solutions that support new business opportunities. Assesses system performance to maximize effectiveness and efficiency in effort to enhance the customer experience and drive service productivity.
Participates in Element Teams to ensure customer and country requirements are built into future system and product offerings.
Participates in Product Health Teams as an advocate for customer and country to drive system and product enhancements.
Creates and distributes documentation to support implementations and provide knowledge transfer to country
Acts as technical SME for team, customers, and all country functions for DX IT and security
Escalation point for country when connectivity issues require additional support Responsibilities
Team member supporting and driving improvements to:
· Handling of customer requests related to disconnected systems and relevant backend networking technologies including routing, switching, and VPN tunnels.
· Pre-installation and installation support to ensure connectivity of all SRS-capable devices.
· Escalated support for all country functions and SRS Help Desk
· Hospital enterprise IT and security requests
Provide support for country activities in case of connection escalations from SRS Help desk
Escalate to RSC in case of product problems
Supports Guardian program activities other than management of product specific notifications, including development of new rules and consultation to product lines regarding implementation
Support DX IT and product security needs within country, such VPN implementation, RFPs, security surveys, and customer needs.
Coordinate communication of DX SRS information within country, including new SRS features, new marketing strategies, IT and product security issues, or SRS downtime.
Generate and analyze monthly SRS KPI report for management
Reports PLM activities to management to ensure proper alignment with customer and business requirements
Assist in meeting business objectives (e.g. SRS related MTA).
Create and deliver presentations providing technical IT support to sales and service.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS Computing or Information Technology, or Engineering
Healthcare IT, security, and data privacy
• Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, MCP,Healthcare IT Technician,etc.• Computer Hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS.
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser, RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery.
• Windows: XP; Windows7+ Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies.
• Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; VLANs; Routing; Packets; Subnets
• Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers
• Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN.
• Security concepts: Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; HITECH; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS.
• Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases• Web Services, Databases• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory.
• Cloud technologies: SaaS, DaaS, IaaS (including virtualization), etc.
• Business skills, including project management, and financial analysis (i.e. ROI, NPV, etc.)to determine impact and value of projects and innovations to business•Possess leadership, communication, computer and presentation skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and customer interaction skills
• Effectively communicate, negotiate and interact with multiple business functions and management levels.
• Enhances CCC-TS support capabilities relating to instrument connectivity, systems
configuration and interoperability.
Remove if VISA sponsorship is available
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Advanced degree or post Bachelor studies related to technology and/or business
• Industry certifications such asCISSP, MCSE, CCNA, etc.• Effectively communicate, negotiate and interact with multiple business functions and management levels.• System Development Life Cycle knowledge
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .