Siemens Biochemist, Sr in Newark, Delaware
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 201328
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Specific Requirements: This position is in the Siemens Glasgow Technical Operations Department supporting the ADVIA Chemistry product line. The position will have responsibilities for product support activities, design transfer, customer complaints and trouble shooting. Position will also be responsible for carrying out manufacture activities and maintaining supply chain for ADVIA Chemistry product line. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge of clinical chemistry and immune chemistry assays. Responsibilities will also including supporting OEM business partners and suppliers and assisting in routine technical support for ADVIA Chemistry assays.
Scope of work:
• Participates/investigates escalated customer complaints and manufacturing issues. Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions.
• Creates and participates in the design of experiments.
• Coordinates and performs data analysis and writes internal reports and documentation.
• Coordinates and performs material and process validations following written protocols, prepares validation and/or test results reports.
• May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
• May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials for use of manufacture of Chemistry/Immunoassay products.
• May Work in the laboratory running ADVIA or Dimension and Dimension Vista instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
• BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, advanced degree (MS or Ph.D.) and immunoassay experience preferred.
Typical Job Related Experience:
• Typically a 3 – 5 years’ experience related to immunoassay, clinical chemistry assay preferred. Experience in trouble shooting or customer support for immune/clinical chemistry assays is preferred. Knowledge of diagnostic assays immunochemistry and method development a plus.
• Candidate must have a good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience are desirable.
• Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA, chemiluminescent technology, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE, as well as, proficiency with Microsoft Office, Minitab and 6 Sigma are a plus.
• Candidate should have a strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
Candidate must be a team player, be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .