Siemens Data Applications Customization Engineer - Rail Automation in New York, New York
Data Applications Customization Engineer - Rail Automation
Locations:New York, New York
Job Family: Engineering
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 212073
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Rail Automation
Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication.
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
Siemens Rail Automation is seeking to hire a Data Applications Software Customization Engineer. In this role, you will be working with software tools to perform maintenance, conduct queries, and find trends while data mining. Ideally, the candidate would have rail industry knowledge (or similar industrial manufacturing experience) to have an understanding of what data needs to be extracted from the automated system. We would be looking for someone with software programming (preferably PLC programming) experience to organize the data needed and potentially present information regarding equipment to our customers.
· Define/Develop/customize software analysis tools to provide a clear picture of the behavior of a very complex automated system
· Analyze great number of data
· Make machine data accessible across the organization and the customer by identifying patterns, providing metrics, diagnosing problems, and providing intelligence for business operations
· Explain and clarify information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex system, performance characteristics or other technical data.
· Produce presentation of result of analysis
· Communicate on complex technical issues
· Produce manuals explaining the troubleshooting methods developed
· Be able to understand a very complex automated system through design documents and training documents.
· Working knowledge of standard LINUX OS and WINDOWS OS
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge SPLUNK product is a plus
. Comfortable in programming using known or new languages
· Flexible and adaptable, able to work as part of a team with a strong focus on quality and delivery in a fast-paced environment
· Team oriented with the ability to work independently and being able to pay attention to all details
· Flexible and adaptable to work shift changes, work locations (different environment outdoors and indoors) and able to work nights and weekends.
· 2 to 5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
· BS/BA in Electrical, Computer Engineering or related discipline or advanced degree, where required or equivalent combination of education and experience
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 3 weeks of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Data Engineer with Siemens Rail Automation, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants shall not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Not familiar with Siemens Mobility? Watch this video to see who we are and what we're doing:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .