Siemens Supplier Quality Engineer in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Supplier Quality Engineer
Locations:New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Quality Management
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 214150
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Support Siemens Large Drives by effectively and proactively ensuring the highest possible quality levels for purchased materials. This involves building strong relationships with the suppliers and review of supplier related processes such as qualification, development, integration, monitoring, and auditing.
· 5 + years of experience with power electronics
· A working knowledge of transformer/magnetic design and application
· Understanding of transformer manufacturing, as well as current techniques and technologies
· Understanding of electrical insulation, copper conductors, motors, and passive components
· Ability to work with the supply base of assigned commodities to reach long-term corrective action on quality issues, and assist in the development of new supplier processes
· Coordinate the qualification of new material with R&D, Operations Engineering and supplier
· Support Operation Engineering and Manufacturing in the resolution of Quality issues
· Lead supplier audits of new and existing suppliers
· Lead the resolution of warranty issues and provide technical support to Field Service Representatives
· Effective communication and collaboration skills. Proven ability to work with multiple departments, such as Purchasing, Engineering, and Manufacturing.
· BS in Electrical Engineering or related degree
· Experience working with suppliers, preferably in a supplier development role that includes audits, and reviews.
· Effective problem solving and analytical ability
· Effective facilitation skills
· General auditing skills preferred
· Must be willing to travel both domestic and international 25%
Other supporting responsibilities:
· Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Poor Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs
· Drive Supplier actions to verify part and process quality at the Supplier’s location to reduce the need for incoming inspection activities at LDA Pittsburgh
· Development of quality plans, general quality agreements, quality requirement specifications
Job Family Responsibilities:
Displays team leadership capabilities, along with good presentation techniques. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems.
BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Direction of Others:
Provides specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra organizational contacts and external contacts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .