Siemens Environmental Health & Safety Professional - Manufacturing in New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Environmental Health & Safety Professional - Manufacturing
Locations:New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Job Family: Environmental Protection, Health & Safety
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 211044
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Environmental Health & Safety Professional
Siemens Industry, Inc. is seeking a Sr. EHS professional at its New Kensington, PA manufacturing facility.
The EHS professional is responsible for managing safety OSHA compliance across the facility and its operations and the development, implementation and coordination of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. This position has a direct impact on Business Unit financial performance and must possess and in-depth knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and management methods, along with an ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
The Senior EHS professional will serve as a resource to other employees at the location by providing tools to management to maintain a high level of environmental compliance performance; and the safety of employees, visitors, and contractors.
The Senior EHS professional will report directly to the Operations Manager.
· Measuring performance of facilities’ compliance within the business to establish standards
· Occupational health management; including injury reduction, trending, etc.
· Demonstrating operational knowledge of facilities. Proactively contribute to continuous improvement efforts
· Lead cross functional teams related to EHS targets and objectives
· Facilitate EHS training and communications across the organization
· Conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements
· Staying current with existing and new regulations for state and federal for RCRA, OSHA, Clear Water Act, Clean Air Act, Centralized Waste Treatment Standards, etc.
· Establishing audit guidelines for plant and facilities
· Establishing policy related to environmental compliance and maintaining the Environmental Compliance Manual
· Assessing new or existing environmental regulations and determining applicability to the facility
· Developing environmental related compliance tools and training programs
· Tracking environmental related Federal, State, and Local regulatory changes and impacting the business, both from a facility and customer relations standpoint, and communicating those to management. When necessary, coordinating business response and/or comments to regulatory changes
· Participating in audit activities, including identification of EHS issues and implementation of corrective actions
· Interfacing with agencies, employees, and outside legal counsel on behalf of business when required
· Reviewing pollution insurance programs for renewals
· Coordinating with Corporate EHS Regional Managers who will provide direct support to the remote branch locations
· Assisting Corporate EHS professionals as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS in Environmental Health and Safety or related field (loss prevention, etc.)
· 8+ years of experience in a technical EHS role on Safety AND Environmental Compliance within a large equipment manufacturing environment
· Experience with ISO14001 and ISO18001 highly preferred
· Experience with industrial manufacturing operations (i.e. overhead crane operation, medium voltage equipment testing, ergonomic assessments, etc.) highly preferred
· Occupational health experience (injury reduction, trending, etc.) preferred
· Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams and leading EHS targets and objectives
· Proven ability to facilitate training, including presentation development in PowerPoint
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .